Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Metal Performer Table Upgrade  (Read 39914 times)

gunner

• WKC Brave
Metal Performer Table Upgrade
« on: November 22, 2014, 07:30:53 AM »
I decided to upgrade my plastic performer table to one of the new 2015 metal performer tables. I called up Weber and asked to order part# 65189. The CSR asked me which one of my grills it was for (I have a bunch of grills registered but I don't have a 2015 Weber). I told him it was for my 2006 performer and he seemed kind of confused. I told him I had called earlier in the week and had gotten the price from another rep, but didn't have the funds at the time to order it. After a bit of searching, he found the part # and didn't ask anymore questions. Score! It was $76.00 out the door. Kinda pricey but I think this thing will last a long time. (It seems super solid)

It showed up this week all packaged up nice and secure.

First thing I noticed is it didn't have the extra support bar that Brian's has? I thought that was strange. It also doesn't have the screw hole to screw in the wire that holds the charcoal bin. I will have to rig something up I guess? Not a big deal. It also came with nice and new black screws to bolt the table down.

It is purdy lookin' though

Before with the plastic table

After with the new metal table

I think the dark grey metal really makes the grass green kettle pop!

I am pretty happy with the upgrade.  ;D It is pricey, but I think worth it if you have the extra dough and looks really cool. I think it would look REALLY good on a black or blue performer!  ;)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Metal Performer Table Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:09:00 AM »
My dad has that same grill (sans handle upgrade) --- Crate & Barrel green, right?

I think the dark grey metal really makes the grass green kettle pop!

Agreed!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 09:06:18 AM »
aww hell yes. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 09:36:32 AM »
Damn sweet I say.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 09:45:47 AM »
This new metal performer table would make a really side table project for any 22.5" kettle too. Got me thinking now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 11:23:59 AM »
Really nice I like it. I think that table will look good with my grey kettle performer.
May The Smoke Be With You!

gunner

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 11:43:53 AM »

First thing I noticed is it didn't have the extra support bar that Brian's has? I thought that was strange. It also doesn't have the screw hole to screw in the wire that holds the charcoal bin. I will have to rig something up I guess? Not a big deal. It also came with nice and new black screws to bolt the table down.

Update:
There is a screw hole for the charcoal bin wire on the table. DOH! I just missed it when I opened the box and installed it. The hole is on the curve of the table on the under side. I hooked it up and the old screw and wire fit perfect. Thanks for all the kind words! I like it a lot too.. ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:54:54 AM by gunner »

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »
You are right the green does pop, i like it!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

gunner

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 12:11:44 PM »
My dad has that same grill (sans handle upgrade) --- Crate & Barrel green, right?

Yes, it's the Crate and Barrel green. Weber calls it "grass green".

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 12:17:38 PM »
That's looks great , nice upgrade !
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 03:57:22 PM »
I have never been a fan of the plastic table Performers.  This simple upgrade has changed that!
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

THUNDERDOME

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »
Awesome. I need!

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 08:54:18 PM »

Awesome. I need!
X2!

Table looks great!

Randy S

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 12:54:52 AM »

Update:
There is a screw hole for the charcoal bin wire on the table. DOH! I just missed it when I opened the box and installed it. The hole is on the curve of the table on the under side. I hooked it up and the old screw and wire fit perfect. Thanks for all the kind words! I like it a lot too.. ;D

I was going to point that out, but you caught it. :)

That green grill really looks great with the dark metal table.

babyrocket

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 07:33:07 AM »
I thought I would resurrect this thread to let everyone know that Weber has dropped the price on the metal Performer table to $38.04.  With tax and shipping, the total comes to $48.31 - a real bargain!  I just ordered one.