Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Metal Performer Table Upgrade  (Read 39936 times)

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
Re: Metal Performer Table Upgrade
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2015, 04:52:36 AM »
Just my luck!  I read this and think that's weird, mine hasn't cracked then go out and wouldn't you know it, there's a crack!!!!   Oh well, it's not bad...yet.  I'll keep this in mind for the future. 

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2015, 09:27:25 AM »
I have some work going on in the yard. After the guys left I saw this.
The ripped cover caught my attention and then noticed the table top is cracked. They are installing pavers and were doing some excavating with a pick. It looks like they hit it. Hopefully they'll do the right thing and replace it for me. Definitely going for the metal table upgrade.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2016, 04:27:44 AM »
@VAis4BBQers the table is holding up great! It has been through one Chicagoland Winter already and shows no wear at all. I am pretty bad at remembering to put the grill cover on it so it took a beating this past Winter for sure. No scratches or anything either and I use it weekly. It was a good investment for sure. :)

Did you have to modify the screw holes at all or did everything just line up?  I just picked up a 2009 performer and like most everyone else the plastic tables are not my favorite part of it.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2016, 06:08:01 AM »
Did you have to modify the screw holes at all or did everything just line up?  I just picked up a 2009 performer and like most everyone else the plastic tables are not my favorite part of it.

@captjoe06

The new metal tables will fit perfectly on your 2009 Performer.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2016, 06:37:14 AM »

@captjoe06

Yessssss! Thank you!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2016, 07:16:43 AM »

@captjoe06

Yessssss! Thank you!

My 2007 2nd Generation, with the metal table... ;D

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2016, 08:08:57 AM »
Amazing combo, @Jason!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2016, 10:50:13 AM »

@captjoe06

Yessssss! Thank you!

My 2007 2nd Generation, with the metal table... ;D

This is so frickin sexy! I'm psyched! Can't wait for Monday to place my order!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2016, 10:59:05 AM »
Before

After
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2016, 11:43:42 AM »
So I called Weber CS.
They asked for my registered grill info.
I haven't registered it.
I then asked how much part 65189 is and was quoted the $67 price.
Then asked if it would make a difference if my grill was registered.
She told me I won't know until I have the information in front of me.
So I'm going home to get the serial number and registering and see how it goes once I'm registered.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2016, 01:32:29 PM »
Update:
Got home wrote down the serial number off the back of the Performer, went inside and registered it  and filled out the number of weber grills I own and the rest of the form (not sure if this makes any difference or not but figure it couldn't hurt)
Once registered I called CS, and told the gentleman that my plastic table needed replacing and gave the metal table part #.
The CS rep told me as a one time courtesy that they would send out a replacement free.
I then mentioned the charcoal bin chain and he told me he would send one of those in as well.

Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2016, 05:14:24 PM »
Cool. So are you guys the reason the rest of us would have to pay $67 to upgrade .... ;)

Even so, I have a few more grills I should register. Ya never know.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 10:42:47 AM »
This great info ss my table just cracked this morning.

S L

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2016, 08:23:46 PM »
Just wanted to provide a timely update:  thanks to all the info in this forum (this topic and others) and other forums with similar news, I first made sure my 2005 Performer was registered, then I called Weber CS and told them my 11 year old table was looking sad (ok, I might have said pathetic or pitiful) and I was learning online about possibilities to make that better with the replacement table, #65189.  After my CSR (Betty) finally found me in their system - took a minute - she found the part # I referenced and said it was available for my model at $65 and change (plus tax, S&H, etc).  I said, you know, that's the thing, I see discussions about that price being all over the place - as low as 'comped' to $38 and change and even 45 dollars - are you sure we can't do better than that price you quoted?  She didn't bat an eye, she said she was sure she could, and voila, I got it for 39 plus S&H and tax.  I asked about the bin chain, wasn't sure I needed it, and she had to put me on hold a couple times and then came back with the news that I needed it and it would be added at no charge.

They're shipping today, and coupled with the info for Brian's handles, I'm officially pimping my performer and all thanks to you.

just wanted to pass along the update and the connect-the-dots info that being registered seems to be key, as well as just the usual tip to be nice, friendly, and looking for a favor.  (Pretend you're on a cancelled flight and really need someone to like you to get on that other flight.)

super service from Weber/Betty - can't wait to have a 'new' Performer on my deck to show off as a result!

thanks everyone for their updates along the way, it helped a lot!  cheers!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2016, 02:59:09 AM »
Will this table fit a 1999 Platinum??
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!