Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Metal Performer Table Upgrade  (Read 39913 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
Re: Metal Performer Table Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 07:45:52 AM »
Excellent upgrade. (And nice price drop!). I'm so glad Weber made the change. I don't like the thermoset, even on my 2010 Platinum. Just like the change from wood handles to "glass" ones, I thought it was cheesy of them to lose the SS.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 08:33:49 AM »
I thought I would resurrect this thread to let everyone know that Weber has dropped the price on the metal Performer table to $38.04.  With tax and shipping, the total comes to $48.31 - a real bargain!  I just ordered one.

Just got off the phone with Weber and the price was $63.20 with $7 shipping.  You sure the metal table you ordered was not the smaller one for the performer silver? If not I would say you might have gotten lucky.  That price seemed really cheap considering the price of even the plastic one.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:17:02 AM by Josh G »

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 12:55:26 PM »
I thought I would resurrect this thread to let everyone know that Weber has dropped the price on the metal Performer table to $38.04.  With tax and shipping, the total comes to $48.31 - a real bargain!  I just ordered one.

Just got off the phone with Weber and the price was $63.20 with $7 shipping.  You sure the metal table you ordered was not the smaller one for the performer silver? If not I would say you might have gotten lucky.  That price seemed really cheap considering the price of even the plastic one.

Yep yep, it depends on the CSR.  Price is still listed at $63.20 but there are ways the CSR can get it down to $38.04.    Don't know if it's based on the number of grills that you have.  Or if you had some problem in the past and they put a "be nice to this guy" flag on the acct or what.

If you want to invest the time, give the CSR the part number and if they say "it's $63.20", ask if that's the best they can do.   If they say yes, make your excuses, hang up then call back and try with another CSR.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 12:56:59 PM »

Nice score.  Did you get the newer lid bale as well ? 

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 02:19:06 PM »
I mentioned the lower price to her and I was clearly putting her out.  Big sigh and a snippy "no"  I used to get a good CSR half the time and now it seems like it has become a rarity.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »
I mentioned the lower price to her and I was clearly putting her out.  Big sigh and a snippy "no"  I used to get a good CSR half the time and now it seems like it has become a rarity.

One good thing about call centers is that there is more than 1 person to talk to.  Politely say "not interested", hang up then call back.   Rinse / repeat until you find the nice one.

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2015, 03:38:49 PM »
When I got my OTP with a broken table I called up CS to order a replacement. Because the previous table broke the CSR knocked the price down to the $38 mark. But again this is a great CSR and I've worked with him a lot- even have his direct line, which is great. Just call and leave a message if he's not available and he calls back.
Growing family = growing kettles!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2015, 09:17:38 PM »
Perfect conversion  ...  brings out the green in her eyes :) :) :)   SJ

I really LOVE that color kettle  ...
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Rick S

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 05:23:58 PM »
It's a dang fine table top. I love my new Copper Performer that has this standard.
Weber 2015 Performer Deluxe, Weber 2001 WSM 18.5 and a Wilmington Grill 2005 Cape Fear.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 12:21:12 PM »
When ordering a replacement table, be sure that the CSR reads all the way down to the end of the page.  There, it will tell them that if this is to replace a Thermoset table, then they need to include the Charcoal Bin Chain, Part #65197     

BBQPart-timer

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2015, 02:03:36 AM »
Called and was quoted $63.xx. Told nice CSR that I saw that it was quoted @$38.04 from this forum.  She was more than happy to make a "customer accommodation" and was charged $45.xx out the door.  Expecting it to arrive today.  Looking forward to the upgrade.  Thanks for all the info gathered here. 

VAis4BBQers

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 05:45:29 AM »
@gunner I'm thinking about replacing my 2007 C&B's table as well. Thanks for the pictures, it looks great. How's the metal table holding up?

Crate n Barrel Grass Green - Target Copper - Blue OTG - 14 & 18 WSM

gunner

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 06:14:56 AM »
@VAis4BBQers the table is holding up great! It has been through one Chicagoland Winter already and shows no wear at all. I am pretty bad at remembering to put the grill cover on it so it took a beating this past Winter for sure. No scratches or anything either and I use it weekly. It was a good investment for sure. :)

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 08:10:43 AM »
Looks great.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 08:22:25 AM »
I had to order snowblower parts from ereplacement and just so happen to add this into my cart.  :)
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.