Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs and Scotch eggs!  (Read 1677 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Ribs and Scotch eggs!
« on: May 12, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »
I finally got some spare time to do some cooking :(  So i fired up the UDS and the Mini-WSM to make 3 racks of ribs and some scotch eggs.  The ribs turned out great, they could of gone a little longer, but the were pretty good so... ;D
I tried scotch eggs for the first time (we had them at the Renn Faire) they turned out ok, had a few "technical" issues :o  The instruction called for 2 minutes boiling and then put them into ice water to stop cooking, problem was they were very "touchy" (one blew out cooking) so next time we will  boil them longer and use more sausage.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:53:04 PM by 1911Ron »
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Ribs and Scotch eggs!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 08:31:15 PM »
Looks great! Hope the blowout wasn't a total waste. ;) (Though burning eggs smell awful. DAMHIK, IJK!)
kettles, smokers...

Tim

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 08:51:56 PM »
Yumm! I've been meaning to cook scotch eggs for awhile now. I'm going to coat the outside the way I do KFC chicken to get that fried effect.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:56:06 PM »
Looks great! Hope the blowout wasn't a total waste. ;) (Though burning eggs smell awful. DAMHIK, IJK!)
No it wasn't bad!
Yumm! I've been meaning to cook scotch eggs for awhile now. I'm going to coat the outside the way I do KFC chicken to get that fried effect.
Ohhh that sounds good!!!!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......