Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bratwust burgers on the Stok grates  (Read 2119 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Bratwust burgers on the Stok grates
« on: May 10, 2013, 06:16:37 PM »
So i fired up the OTG with the Stok grates installed, to see how they worked.  I did Bratwurst burgers again as we really like them ;D  I bought the Stok grates at Cabela's.  I used Stubbs natural briquets for the first time, i like them they get HOT!!  I started not even a full chimney and once going i put them in the baskets and closed the lid.  I came out with the food and the lid thermo was over 500deg this was with all the vents open, closed the bottom vent to about 1/2 open.  Ok enough chitchat and onto the pictures, sorry no plated pictures :(

Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 06:57:12 PM »
Like those sear marks!

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Bratwust burgers on the Stok grates
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 06:16:56 PM »
IMO CI is the best grate. I love the sear marks it produces.

Did you buy pre-made brat burgers or did you start with brats and make burgers out of them? I think I have some raw brats in the freezer...
kettles, smokers...

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 06:28:50 PM »
I agree about cast iron grates. Besides the cooking advantages the fact that they add mass to the grill really helps with the stability and even though a Weber  kettle is not very heavy it IS built to last and to me the only thing that needs to be upgraded is the grate. I have the grate that came with mine that has the fold up sides which is great( no pun intended ) but I do a lot of cooks with 5 quart cast iron dutch ovens and the weight makes the grate bow and my car parked on my cast iron grates won't make them bow!
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 07:23:06 PM »
IMO CI is the best grate. I love the sear marks it produces.

Did you buy pre-made brat burgers or did you start with brats and make burgers out of them? I think I have some raw brats in the freezer...

They are pre-made frozen ones.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 08:52:58 PM »
I saw the stok grates at cabelas locally. They have a few inserts as well. I have the charbroil ci grates. Do u have any of the stok inserts?  Stok grill looks cheap as shit but grates look nice.  Might have to revisit cabelas.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »
I saw the stok grates at cabelas locally. They have a few inserts as well. I have the charbroil ci grates. Do u have any of the stok inserts?  Stok grill looks cheap as shit but grates look nice.  Might have to revisit cabelas.
For now i have the rib rack/kabob rack, i haven't used it yet :-[