Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: eBay weber scams  (Read 6910 times)

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Re: eBay weber scams
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2017, 05:25:07 PM »
I just got hacked this past week. Hacker used my eBay and PayPal account to order and buy 2 video cameras. I noticed it within 2 hours, changed my passwords, notified eBay, PayPal, and the seller Circuit City-eBay. Seller still shipped the items the next morning to an address in Cocoa FL. So i called the Sheriff's Office over there to give them the address that would be receiving stolen property. They said I had to report it locally first and my local LEO should report it to them. So I filed a local report on Friday. The items are scheduled to be delivered Monday. I'd love it if the Cocoa Police would intercept the delivery, and knock on the bad guy's door Monday with the cameras. I'm not holding my breath though, I have a feeling the bad guys will prevail. BTW it took PayPal about 2 days to declare it a fraudulent buy and replace my money. I hate damn thieves.
Well the bad guys lost this time. UPS/Circuit City required a signature for delivery. I doubt the thieves knew it though as all of the delivery emails came to me. They tried to deliver them 3 times then sent the items back to the sender. A relatively happy ending.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH