Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Key to deciphering double letter date codes  (Read 904 times)

bigssa

• WKC Brave
Key to deciphering double letter date codes
« on: September 03, 2017, 05:26:15 PM »
I was at a buddy's house who had an OKC and we started talking about Webers and grills in general. I looked at the date code and it was AT, which got me thinking that there is a very simple cipher to translate the year. So I looked back at the article to determine the age of your grill and a super simple pattern emerged that I cannot believe that I did not notice before or maybe I just didn't pay enough attention to. Clearly, the article outlines this pattern, but doesn't call it out. Each letter translates to a number and they are simply the last two numbers of the year. The cipher key is:
1 = A
2 = U
3 = T
4 = H
5 = O
6 = R
7 = I
8 = Z
9 = E
0 = D

So if you remember the word AUTHORIZED you can easily determine the age of a double letter vent code.

I have no idea if anyone has put this together and I am just way behind here. But I thought this was interesting and I did not find a thread on this.

bigssa

• WKC Brave
Re: Key to deciphering double letter date codes
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 05:33:29 PM »
Ok. I googled this and the virtual Weber bullet folks did figure this out and also talk about the C codes. Here is the article:
http://virtualweberbullet.com/determine-age-weber-grills-smokers.html#gastwoletterauthorized