Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need help deciding on first kettle purchase  (Read 10964 times)

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
Re: Need help deciding on first kettle purchase
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 11:59:14 AM »
The folding table one is no where near as nice. Get stupid, go big...figure out logistics later :P

Its really stable and moves very easy.

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 12:17:19 PM »
^^^ what he said!....if all you have to do is wheel it out to the pool patio, you will love the performer.

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 12:20:32 PM »
Also... when you wheel it back... Just do a 180 and wheel it in "backwards" so your casters point the way you want. Sure you won't be able to reach the lighter controls... the whole point of you wheeling it out is to light it outside right?

guitarfish

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 12:25:58 PM »
LOL!!!!!
@Loonysup Their ganging up on you! Great points as well...By the way on your diagram, you forgot where the Kegerator goes  :).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:27:43 PM by guitarfish »
"beer ain't drinkin', it's survivin' "

Loonysup

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 12:29:26 PM »
I can take it...I came here because my wife won't let me talk about it anymore because she's tired of hearing about it.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guitarfish

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 12:32:49 PM »
I get that all the time ! I have been obsessing over pop up campers recently. If I mention it, she just gives me that look........
"beer ain't drinkin', it's survivin' "

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 03:05:26 PM »
Performer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 04:48:21 PM »
I have the same setup and I just park mine against the house facing backwards.  I wheel it out anyways so it does not matter.  Grab by the table side and out I go. As long as you can parallel park you'll be fine.

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 07:03:08 PM »
Can't go wrong with the performer. Mine is copper also and I love it, very stable but easily moved. My covered cooking porch is elevated and has my gasser underneath it but my performer is on my patio which is at ground level. I can easily roll the performer thru my French doors and into my garage but most of the time I simply cover it until the next cook.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2016, 07:28:40 PM »
GO performer and never look back.  My performer is my absolute number one....would be lost without it....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 07:34:04 PM »
Well at least you did say in your original post, you're looking for your "first" kettle.  😄😉

To me it's obvious, you'll be getting more so don't sweat the space. Later you'll want more and so you'll make room for it.  We all do. 

As far as your "first", cost not being an issue go with performer you won't regret it.    I have two and two kettles one with a rotisserie.  Not to mention before long you'll be getting rid of the gasser because you don't use it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 07:40:27 PM »
Get the Performer. You want it. Do it. You already have it drawn in to that diagram. Order a nice wood handle from the site while your at it too.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 07:44:46 PM »
Performer, Don't look back. Many non-performers will follow...

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 09:47:21 PM »
 That's a great drawing of your existing space.  Here is some more info, for what it's worth.

1) So far nearly everyone has suggested the Perf Dlx.  I say, get'em both and save yourself some agony.  Which ever one you like the best, then put it in the place of best usage, sell the gasser (you won't use it much any more) and put the 26r MT where the gasser was,  :)

2) You might be able to put four casters on the Performer and still maintain a level work table, but it's been my experience that the Perf, as is, is so easy to move it won't be an issue,  ???

3) Now the 26" MT only comes in black, but black is beautiful -AND- those two kettles can solve almost any cooking situation.   8)                            SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Loonysup

• Smokey Joe
Need help deciding on first kettle purchase
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 04:38:54 AM »
I think everyone has convinced me of what I already knew.....if I don't get the performer I'll regret it in the long run.   So quick follow up question: what should be on my shopping list when I go to pick this thing up (hopefully this weekend)?   Cover, propane, charcoal.   Anything else I need in the immediate future while I'm learning my way around it?

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk