Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoke EZ maiden voyage  (Read 1901 times)

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
Smoke EZ maiden voyage
« on: January 30, 2016, 05:27:01 PM »

I just couldn't help myself. I pulled the trigger on this stacker. I'm quite impressed with the way this stacker sits in the kettle. There were only a couple items needed to be assembled. So I wasted no time in giving this big boy a trial run.
FedEx dropped the Stacker off this afternoon so I needed something quick to cook. So I decided on some BBQ leg quarters. So I loaded the kettle with a full chimney of hot coals. Dropped in a couple pecan chunks for a little smoke flavor and then the chicken on the top grate.

What I really love about cooking chicken on this is that I can burn hot and not worry about burning the meat. I used a temp probe in several locations on the grate and found very little temperature variations. I maintained a temp at around 300 for 45 minutes. NOTE: It is good to take a Brillo pad and clean your temperature probe periodically to remove the soot build up so your temp reading is more accurate.

At 45 minutes into the cook, you can see the skin getting brown, crispy and pulling away from the meat and ready to be turned.

As you can see how the bottom of the chicken cooks very evenly and no burnt marks.

Now it's time to put the sauce and not having to worry about flare ups since the food is far away from the fire.

I'm already impressed with the Smoke EZ and haven't done a low and slow cook. This thing is versatile! I give this an early [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:36:01 PM by Bustin Butt »
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
Re: Smoke EZ maiden voyage
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 05:44:50 PM »
I've been thinking about one of those. I like that the Cajun Bandit is stainless steel, but the Smoke EZ is taller.. (I think). Can't wait to see low n slow results from you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 05:55:41 PM »
I looked at the Cajun Bandit as well, but there were a couple features I liked about the EZ. The handles for one and the hanging rack that comes with it. I'm planning on smoking some trout and the rack and hooks I bought will no doubt be the ticket! And yes the EZ is taller and give you more space between the food and fire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 09:15:56 PM »
Those are very cool, and cooking over the coals sure does help in getting good skin. I've got a 22.5" WSM that I've cooked chicken in without the water pan, but it's just not nearly as efficient a set up as that. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 04:19:32 AM »
That's sweet! Great accessory congrats. Chicken looks damn good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 05:02:24 AM »
Thanks guys [emoji16]