Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews  (Read 155054 times)

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2017, 09:58:32 AM »
All of this just convinced me (well, with my wife encouraging me to buy myself a birthday present) that the right path was to call Robert at dicksonbbq.com. So I did that.

Do I want a Far East red? They aren't out until almost Christmas - so maybe something can happen.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2017, 10:31:22 AM »
You guys need to pump the brakes a little. Your scaring the potential new members away with this unprecedented excitement for a grill.  [emoji12][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »
Well I for one will not have a Chinese made Kettle.....and I am a flippin' Canadian!!!!

I do have something most of us on this board do not though:

Adding Kettles at this point means either making room or moving a existing Kettle. For a Glen Blue, Westener, Green MBH, or True Grey.....yes. But for this? Come on. Really?

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2017, 10:49:59 AM »
@MrHoss I totally agree with you. Your red lineup is very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2017, 11:06:53 AM »
 I see room in front of the 26'er  :) 8)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »
@MrHoss you need a red smokey j and a red ga and a red 18" oh and a red ranch and your set!!  but your lineup is beautiful
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2017, 11:41:46 AM »
One that I like.  It is an old pic.  The "Red Caravan" has grown in quantity and variety....

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2017, 11:45:51 AM »
It's not fair! You Yanks get all the cool colours 🙄😢
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2017, 11:49:15 AM »
@MrHoss, great lineup,will have to drive down someday have a look!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »
Can we keep this one on topic?

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2017, 12:44:37 PM »
@harris92 ........... when I posted my shot I KNEW you were gonna follow. I love that flippin' line.

The second from left in mine is from your collection and most likely in your shot.

Sorry Troy.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »
Well I for one will not have a Chinese made Kettle.....and I am a flippin' Canadian!!!!

I do have something most of us on this board do not though:

Adding Kettles at this point means either making room or moving a existing Kettle. For a Glen Blue, Westener, Green MBH, or True Grey.....yes. But for this? Come on. Really?

Doesn't everyone have at least 5 redheads ?   ;D ;D ;D  Nice line up by the way MrHoss. and harris92.  You are correct, not too many members with 2 redhead mbh and 26er.

I also do not like the idea of owning made in China kettle but here is why I may over look that fact if I can get a modern bright red weber kettle.  I certainly don't lack Redheads as I have Red gen1 MT, SSP, 3 wheeler Bar-B-Kettle, Samson MBH, Crimson OTP, and SJP.  So, why do I want this? Well! This will go nicely with my USA made gen2 MT line up. How about this Red turned into MT along side my Spring Green, Ivory, Smoke, and Copper MT's I already have.

I am sure Weber will have a strict quality control no matter where they are made with full Weber warranty to back them up. If the price is right... I have a feeling bigger demand for these kettles than the USA made Canadian Special Ed. MT for sure.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:43:11 PM by greenweb »

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2017, 01:53:12 PM »
It seems a little strange that they are releasing these in November.  You would think they would have had them ready for Spring.  Especially since they are selling them through a patio furniture store.  I guess they are going for the Holiday season and hoping they sell as gifts. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:29:07 PM by Josh G »

AZogas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »
It would be sweet if weber could make a bright red promotional grill for WKC.......I'm sure someone has already asked

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2017, 08:58:18 PM »
It seems a little strange that they are releasing these in November.  You would think they would have had them ready for Spring.  Especially since they are selling them through a patio furniture store.  I guess they are going for the Holiday season and hoping they sell as gifts.

Maybe something called Christmas?
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X