Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews  (Read 155022 times)

Jet300

• WKC Brave
Re: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2017, 03:42:22 PM »
At the end of the day, who gives a s#!? about tacos or bolt on handles. It's gonna be FRIGGIN BRIGHT RED! For the first time in 18 years. A new kettle from Weber in Red!! Only question I have is how did they swing the environmental aspects of the red porcelain? Maybe worked out a temporary deal with a disposal contractor? Who knows! But I'm pumped!

Well....I do. How cool would it really be if they made it with a welded lid handle made of wood engraved with Topper himself on it?!!!  ;D

I have the same questions re: how red is possible again.
Because it's made in China where pollution and toxic waste is still ok. 

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2017, 03:44:21 PM »
Maybe I'm crazy but I'd rather have a black OTG made in the USA with a welded on handle than this. Maybe I'd change if I saw it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2017, 03:46:39 PM »

This seem like a big April fools joke to me. When did Weber ever build products off shore and brought them back to North America and sold them as made in China or India or other places Weber products.

Don't they do this exact thing with Spirit and new Genesis II gassers?

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2017, 03:51:40 PM »
Maybe I'm crazy but I'd rather have a black OTG made in the USA with a welded on handle than this. Maybe I'd change if I saw it in person.

I'm for one pretty shocked they're doing this.  Are they going to be producing black bowls here in the USA and sending them over to China for the red enamel, then back to the USA for "assembly" (packaging)?

Or, is kettle stamping and production being set up in China and this is the beginning of the end of kettle production here in the USA?  So much to read into and speculate with this being released. 

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2017, 04:05:29 PM »
I think you're on to something. People will buy this just because it's red. If the manufacturing is in China like the low end Genesis now then this is a good pilot. They will get them in the hands of real kettle heads using and abusing them. They can track the quality and warranty replacements. If it goes well then push it all east. Just my own speculation but seems logical.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2017, 04:19:33 PM »

This seem like a big April fools joke to me. When did Weber ever build products off shore and brought them back to North America and sold them as made in China or India or other places Weber products.

Oh yeah, You are right! I forgot about the new gasser lineups. They actually look pretty good in person.  Do they offer Red hood gasser, not a Crimson ? If they do already....it will be the same red.

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2017, 04:20:35 PM »

Oh yeah, You are right! I forgot about the new gasser lineups. They actually look pretty good in person.  Do they offer Red hood gasser, not a Crimson ? If they do already....it will be the same red.
Nope. No red.  Yet......

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »
well, if i can get past the taco handle and the fugly wheels....yeah, i guess i'm in.  ::) ::) ::)

I'm thinking a batch of red acrylic whitewalls might be in order here. I really like this grill!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2017, 09:44:12 PM »

I'm for one pretty shocked they're doing this.  Are they going to be producing black bowls here in the USA and sending them over to China for the red enamel, then back to the USA for "assembly" (packaging)?

Or, is kettle stamping and production being set up in China and this is the beginning of the end of kettle production here in the USA?  So much to read into and speculate with this being released.

What has been released about this kettle process and the overseas production?

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2017, 02:54:43 AM »
I contacted the company and they sent me an e mail and said
As soon as the have more info they will contact me. We will see.
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2017, 05:30:08 AM »

Nothing official.  Just what Harris has said about it being made in the far east.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2017, 05:50:02 AM »
It is very exciting the thought of a red, but we all know how much different things look in Webers pictures than in person.  Let's just hope it is a true red and maybe we will be able to see an actual picture of one soon. 

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2017, 06:26:17 AM »
I called yesterday to get on the list, but I'm going to wait until we learn the details of manufacture before making a decision. I probably won't support the China Syndrome.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2017, 06:39:31 AM »
Red? Chinese? Red Chinese in the States? What would that man say?
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2017, 09:02:34 AM »

Nothing official.  Just what Harris has said about it being made in the far east.

Ahh, OK. Harris certainly has the most connections, but at this point we're getting 3rd or 4th party information, and we're getting a 2nd hand interpretation of it.
I'm not trying to discredit harris or offend by any means, harris is a friend and has done countless good things for the WKC.
Information like this is very easy to misconstrue and turn vicious, I think we should be a little more certain and not speak as if it's actual fact.
Again, totally not trying to discredit harris or "the bobs"...

It is very exciting the thought of a red, but we all know how much different things look in Webers pictures than in person.  Let's just hope it is a true red and maybe we will be able to see an actual picture of one soon.

Plus this one is clearly photoshopped. :\

I called yesterday to get on the list, but I'm going to wait until we learn the details of manufacture before making a decision. I probably won't support the China Syndrome.

That's how I feel too.