Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews  (Read 155055 times)

Dtrouty

• Smokey Joe
Re: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2017, 04:11:25 PM »
Here's an update for y'all who didn't do the email thing.

From Patio World
Hello All,

To say there has been extreme interest in the new kettle coming out is an understatement.  I thank you all for your interest, patience, and understanding.

As I understand, the availability of the grill will be nationwide.  BUT, it will be up to the local Weber dealer to purchase the kettle or not before the May deadline.  As much as I would love to sell the kettle to everyone across the nation, I feel it would be unfair for me to not have your local Weber dealer have the opportunity to sell the grill themselves.  That being said, if your local Weber dealer will not be offering/carrying this grill, I can ship to you with added shipping charges.

For people who are interested in picking up at one of our store locations in southern California (Riverside or Temecula), the price of the grill will be $199.00 + tax AND plus shipping/handling to get it from the factory to our stores here in southern California.  The more people who order this grill, the less the shipping expense as it can be split among the various customers.

For people who wish to have the grill shipped from our store in southern California to their specific location in the United States, the above still applies PLUS the shipping to get to your location.  This may be very costly, that is why I recommend for you to see if you can purchase at your local Weber dealer.  If not, I will be more than happy to ship it to you from our store in southern California.

To order, I need full payment for the grill itself ($199.00 + tax) BEFORE MAY 12, 2017. The shipping/handling charges will be figured and charged once I receive the grills in hand and you pick them up at one of our store locations or before we ship them to your location.  No Cancellations and No Refunds will be accepted.  This is a special order item.  Shipment by Weber is expected to be sometime in November of 2017.

I plan on sending my order into Weber by 11:00AM on May 12, 2017 Pacific Standard Time.  So I recommend all of your orders to be in as soon as possible.

We are a small family business run by myself, my father, mother, and sister.  We do this all ourselves, so any questions or concerns will be handled by me, Wayne, and may take a little time to get back to you.  We have been in business for almost 40 years and we care for all of our customers as if they were family.(see: http://www.patioworldonline.com/about-us/ ).

Thank you again everyone for your interest.  I too am a Weber fanatic (18" redhead teak handles, 22 avocado, 22 brownie, 2 - 18" WSM, and a 1980s smokey joe).

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

--
Thank you,
Wayne Romain
Patio World
951-354-0500
www.PatioWorldOnline.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll find you, Westerner

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2017, 04:16:42 PM »
That is very awesome of Wayne. Just for fun I'll see if my local garden center is planning on ordering these.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2017, 04:32:51 PM »
More than the enamel.  Info from two "Bobs"  both are consistent.  Far East and "South of the Border" were considered.   More cost effective from the  Far East.

So, @harris92 , do you know if they're just sending the bowls & lids offshore to enamel? or, are the complete grills going to be made offshore?

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2017, 05:15:11 PM »
Ok, I have to ask?  What does "Bobs" mean?

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2017, 05:21:54 PM »
Here's an update for y'all who didn't do the email thing.

From Patio World
Hello All,

To say there has been extreme interest in the new kettle coming out is an understatement.  I thank you all for your interest, patience, and understanding.

As I understand, the availability of the grill will be nationwide.  BUT, it will be up to the local Weber dealer to purchase the kettle or not before the May deadline.  As much as I would love to sell the kettle to everyone across the nation, I feel it would be unfair for me to not have your local Weber dealer have the opportunity to sell the grill themselves.  That being said, if your local Weber dealer will not be offering/carrying this grill, I can ship to you with added shipping charges.

For people who are interested in picking up at one of our store locations in southern California (Riverside or Temecula), the price of the grill will be $199.00 + tax AND plus shipping/handling to get it from the factory to our stores here in southern California.  The more people who order this grill, the less the shipping expense as it can be split among the various customers.

For people who wish to have the grill shipped from our store in southern California to their specific location in the United States, the above still applies PLUS the shipping to get to your location.  This may be very costly, that is why I recommend for you to see if you can purchase at your local Weber dealer.  If not, I will be more than happy to ship it to you from our store in southern California.

To order, I need full payment for the grill itself ($199.00 + tax) BEFORE MAY 12, 2017. The shipping/handling charges will be figured and charged once I receive the grills in hand and you pick them up at one of our store locations or before we ship them to your location.  No Cancellations and No Refunds will be accepted.  This is a special order item.  Shipment by Weber is expected to be sometime in November of 2017.

I plan on sending my order into Weber by 11:00AM on May 12, 2017 Pacific Standard Time.  So I recommend all of your orders to be in as soon as possible.

We are a small family business run by myself, my father, mother, and sister.  We do this all ourselves, so any questions or concerns will be handled by me, Wayne, and may take a little time to get back to you.  We have been in business for almost 40 years and we care for all of our customers as if they were family.(see: http://www.patioworldonline.com/about-us/ ).

Thank you again everyone for your interest.  I too am a Weber fanatic (18" redhead teak handles, 22 avocado, 22 brownie, 2 - 18" WSM, and a 1980s smokey joe).

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

--
Thank you,
Wayne Romain
Patio World
951-354-0500
www.PatioWorldOnline.com

That could change things a bit for me. I'm still getting the grill, but perhaps there will be a dealer closer, or even in Canada. It would save me a shitload of shipping costs.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2017, 08:33:38 PM »
Gonna check with my local BBQ store this week. If I can get one (or two), without shipping... I may go for it. @harris92 do we know if the color will change? I hate the taco, but the Topper branding is interesting. I've never store bought a kettle for myself, so this would be a first on many levels.
Still need a 22” yellow

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2017, 09:02:22 PM »
After I read my email I was a little concerned about a non refundable deposit of $199 without actually knowing the shipping costs.  We would have to pay shipping to Southern California and then again to ship to our locations.  I personally like buying things when I know exactly what it's going to cost me. 

Like others I may do a little research and see if I can find it locally.   

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2017, 09:20:36 PM »
Ok, I have to ask?  What does "Bobs" mean?

My best guess is it's a reference to Office Space. One of my all time favorite movies. [emoji106]🏻

https://youtu.be/_iiOEQOtBlQ

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2017, 09:40:03 PM »
So are we gonna find out if this thing is shiny or matte and what the logo will look like before we put $ down?

I don't mind where the kettle is made as long as The quality is still there. Once a company can't claim "Made in the USA using globally sourced parts" anymore then all bets are off to where products will be made.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2017, 05:04:11 PM »
My thing about it being made in China doesn't stem from a "buy American" theme. It's about the cadmium.

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2017, 07:08:49 AM »
My thing about it being made in China doesn't stem from a "buy American" theme. It's about the cadmium.

Are you concerned about cooking on one of these for health reasons?  @charred

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2017, 07:36:56 AM »
I was all in until I found out it wasn't going to be U.S. made. No thanks. I can deal with some items being made overseas, but something I will be cooking on being made in China? No thanks.
If anyone runs across a good deal in Oklahoma please let me know.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2017, 08:30:07 AM »
Just spoke with my local Gloucester MA Alliance dealer, Foster's Grill Store. They will be carrying it if anyone needs a closer source. It's a one shot deal as the order needs to be placed in May. Second time she was curious how I knew about things being released several days before she did. Foster's Grill Store - (978) 283-1275  she said to call for more info if anyone wants an East Coast dealer

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2017, 08:48:33 AM »
It seems a little strange that they are releasing these in November.  You would think they would have had them ready for Spring.  Especially since they are selling them through a patio furniture store.  I guess they are going for the Holiday season and hoping they sell as gifts.

Maybe something called Christmas?

I know what'll be on my WKC Secret Santa wish list this year...  ;D
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2017, 08:54:29 AM »
Good God... I have no more room!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.