Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question  (Read 4886 times)

Dsorgnzd

• WKC Brave
Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2021, 02:31:18 PM »
Just kidding Dsorgnzd - im not advocating holding your car bumper on with duct tape but the “country boy” in me has to try sometimes before eventually getting the right tool for the job. and sometimes I don’t have to get one - God bless ya

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Hey, no problem. I have two kettles; one is set up for pizza. Plus I have the WSM.  If my wife saw me doing two things with one cooker, she'd start making comments about how she could really use the space on the patio for something else, so "why don't you sell one?"   ;D

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 06:24:38 PM »
WSM for smoking : 18 for pork butts and 22 for full brisket and full racks of ribs. Kettle for steaks, burgers, etc.

What Is Hoosier-style cooking I keep seeing mentioned ? Is it cooking pulled pork in a crock pot ?  ???
Hoosier-style is referring to @Hoosierkettle’s method of cooking chicken parts in the wsm with no water pan.  Gives a nice indirect yet direct heat good for crisp skin and provides lovely flavor from drippings falling in hot coals. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2021, 04:41:29 AM »

WSM for smoking : 18 for pork butts and 22 for full brisket and full racks of ribs. Kettle for steaks, burgers, etc.

What Is Hoosier-style cooking I keep seeing mentioned ? Is it cooking pulled pork in a crock pot ?  ???
Hoosier-style is referring to @Hoosierkettle’s method of cooking chicken parts in the wsm with no water pan.  Gives a nice indirect yet direct heat good for crisp skin and provides lovely flavor from drippings falling in hot coals. 
Continuing my obsession http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=36104

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2021, 12:17:47 PM »
I never use my WSM for low and slow smoking.  Clean up was too much of a PITA for me.  I found that I had to completely disassemble the WSM after each cook to clean out the ashes, and pretty cumbersome to always need extra space for the lid and mid-section.  Don’t even get me started on the “water” pan.  I’ve had all the WSM sizes in various setups and settled on a 22”  on top of an SSP with gas assist.  Using the one-touch to dispose of ashes eliminates the need to break down the entire cooker and adding a lid hinge further reduces the footprint.  Obviously the gas assist is pretty convenient too.  I predominantly use my WSM for hanging- and Hoosier-style cooks. 

I use a 26 or Ranch for low and slow smoking. 

Good discussion.

Totally Agree; my Weber Performer Deluxe with the gas assist fitted with a SlowNSear Plus has replaced my WSM 18" Classic that I bought new in the year 2008.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 12:20:08 PM by MANCHAS2020 »