Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Removal of WKC Statesman program  (Read 3779 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Removal of WKC Statesman program
« on: March 04, 2018, 11:32:58 AM »
As we enter our 6th year of Weber Kettle Club magic, I'd like to point out a few changes that are being implemented.

Our first 5 years were amazing, and they wouldn't have been possible without the community and team leadership roles of the WKC Statesman.
These WKC members volunteered their own time, energy, and passion to make the club and club events extra special.

The Statesman team originally brought together the people who cared the most and contributed the right style of effort, knowledge, and energy.

Over the years the team morphed into a strange mix of legacy and mystery and our required level of involvement varied wildly.

As we roll into a moving start of 2018 - It's time to retire the Statesman system and try something different
Members @Jeff @Craig @zavod44 @LightningBoldtz @Winz @mike.stavlund @pbe gummi bear @56MPG @Heyjude have all served as Statesman and I'd like to formally thank them for all of their time and effort put into the club over the years.

Community and project leadership is the heart of the WKC and we will always need champions.
As more changes roll out, I will be posting more announcements and information about how events and contributions will work.

Again, I'd like to thank everyone who has volunteered over the years.
And I'd like to thank everyone in the community for making this group what it is.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Removal of WKC Statesman program
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 11:44:27 AM »
It has been my pleasure to service the Weber Kettle Club community as a Statesman for the past couple of years I have thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to what the next chapter of the Weber Kettle Club is

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 11:47:44 AM »
It has been my pleasure to service the Weber Kettle Club community as a Statesman for the past couple of years I have thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to what the next chapter of the Weber Kettle Club is

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Thanks Jeff. The Club and the community would not be what it is today without you and all of the time and energy you've contributed.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 11:58:49 AM »
It's been a real pleasure!  I only wish I had the time/attention to do more for the club.  This is a fantastic place, and I've learned a lot here and made some genuine, good friends. 
One of the charcoal people.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 12:12:50 PM »
Thanks to everyone listed above for all their hard work. I have come and gone and come back to the WKC because it is great community and I continue to learn. This is a great group of people that continues to grow and spread the addiction of Weber kettles. Looking forward to the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 12:25:09 PM »
Thanks to all the retired Statesman!
May The Smoke Be With You!

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 03:11:36 PM »
For me, even though the on-line aspects of the club were and are fun, it was meeting members over a hot grill that made it all worthwhile. I only wish every member could experience a real meetup. Time to start planning the next Mid Atlantic version!

I also want to thank Weber Stephen for their inspiration and encouragement. Very few know how integrated they were at the beginning, and how supportive they have been for everything we've done as a community. Thanks Weber!
Retired

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 05:21:20 PM »
For me, even though the on-line aspects of the club were and are fun, it was meeting members over a hot grill that made it all worthwhile. I only wish every member could experience a real meetup. Time to start planning the next Mid Atlantic version!

I also want to thank Weber Stephen for their inspiration and encouragement. Very few know how integrated they were at the beginning, and how supportive they have been for everything we've done as a community. Thanks Weber!

Thanks Marty
I think local meetups are where its at as well. The friendships I've built thanks to this community are the best things I have in life.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 08:23:34 AM »
It's been a fun 5  (! :o) years. I love this group of people and this hobby. I'm just glad I got to retire at 30.  8)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 09:30:50 AM »
It's been a fun 5  (! :o) years. I love this group of people and this hobby. I'm just glad I got to retire at 30.  8)

You're status remains Lawrence.....Maybe Troy likes you too much to see you go?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:56:59 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 11:56:21 AM »

You're status remains Lawrence.....Maybe Troy likes you too much to see you go?

Lawrence continues to moderate the forum.
Craig will always be the historian.

This is just putting the label to rest, not the efforts.

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 02:34:15 PM »
So this is NOT going anywhere right??

Vinny

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 01:25:46 PM »
@Troy 

Thank you for all you do, and thanks to all the members that have served as Statesmen/Founders/Moderators over the past 5 years.  This is such a great forum and I look forward to seeing what the next 5 years brings!

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 10:58:46 PM »
Sorry for the tardy THANK YOU to all y'all statesmen.   Your inspiration guides/guided the attitudes and camaraderie that makes this such a welcoming place to visit.  I'm looking forward to many more years of the same.

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 06:43:38 AM »
I just saw this thread. I'd like to thank all the "retired" Statesmen for building a great club. Their vision and forethought has built something very special here. I've met some fantastic members and made some good friends and only hope the WKC continues to grow in the coming years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER