Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Blue SS performer w/ mods  (Read 14402 times)

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
Re: My Blue SS performer w/ mods
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 12:08:28 PM »
Great job mrgoodbar...
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2016, 12:37:32 PM »
I've missed this before today.  That's a beauty!

The caster mod is nicer than the weber casters, if you are looking for more to do.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/performer-2%27-non-locking-replacement-wheels-with-ball-bearings/

I think Winz recently posted a mod for a basket where he deleted the bin and moved the tank.  Maybe a basket could fit where your control panel used to be?
[size=78%]http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/charcoal-storage-in-your-performer/msg226543/#msg226543[/size]

That caster mod is next!!! Thanks

I did reach out to @Winz about the basket.  He gave the info on where to get it.  Tho it wouldn't fit on my SSP without removing the bin and I am not going to remove it since i use it for storage of charcoal and wood chunks/ chips.
-Custon SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44 and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2016, 02:49:19 PM »
Weber used to have a little storage cubby that went there on the non-gas assist SSPs.  Not sure where to find one.  That could be another option to fill where the control panel was with usable storage.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 07:02:29 AM »
@mrgoodbar67  That performer is really nice.  Your mods add beauty and functionality (I am stealing that ignitor idea from you).  The wood accents on your and @Idahawk s  performers are truly unique.  A grill to be proud of!

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 08:11:21 AM »
Weber used to have a little storage cubby that went there on the non-gas assist SSPs.  Not sure where to find one.  That could be another option to fill where the control panel was with usable storage.

It would be great to find this cubby.  Anyone have pics or seen it?
-Custon SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44 and a bunch of you here.

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2016, 08:12:59 AM »
@mrgoodbar67  That performer is really nice.  Your mods add beauty and functionality (I am stealing that ignitor idea from you).  The wood accents on your and @Idahawk s  performers are truly unique.  A grill to be proud of!
Winz

Thank You.  Ive gotten allot of inspiration and ideas from many of you here. 

I liked your mods too and will be adding the table extension at some point.

Great to see how we each customize our SSP and other Webers.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 09:04:43 AM »

This is what it looks like.  @Cuda Dan owns this grill - a red non assist SS performer:

Winz

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 09:12:17 AM »

Thanks @Winz  but I cant see the pic of @Cuda Dan 's grill.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 09:17:52 AM »

Thanks @Winz  but I cant see the pic of @Cuda Dan 's grill.

I was showing a picture of the "cubby" which is located at the bottom half of the picture I posted.  It is a metal shelf that sits next to the charcoal bin.

Here is a picture of the full grill sitting next to "Donna", a red M/T that I built.  Cuda Dan owns both of these grills:

Winz

PhilPA

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2016, 09:44:22 AM »
Cute dog.
2009 Q200
2013 Performer with gas starter

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2016, 09:50:20 AM »
Love those red wheels.

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2016, 07:44:12 PM »

Part 39 here:
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber-801001-before-2000-charcoal-performer-grill-parts-c-193079_193086_193489.html

Thanks
looks like part 39 isnt available for purchase.  If i woulda known of it back when i did my reg and igniter mod...the mod would have been much easier.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2016, 08:24:37 PM »

looks like part 39 isnt available for purchase.  If i woulda known of it back when i did my reg and igniter mod...the mod would have been much easier.

It shouldn't be too hard to fabricate something similar to fill the void left by the control panel.

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2016, 08:28:40 PM »
I would like to change the bale on mine too.  Anyone have a parts breakdown on what you all need?

I think the new bale includes all of the parts. I don't remember buying or needing anything in addition to the new part number.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/2015-lid-bale-on-ss-perf/msg160544/#msg160544

ive thought about the 2015 lid bale mod but then the bale would stick out too much and the Weber SSP cover wont fit.