Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: .: 2015 WKC Summer eCook :: DAY TWO :: July 2nd, 2015 :.  (Read 5517 times)

SixZeroFour

.: 2015 WKC Summer eCook :: DAY TWO :: July 2nd, 2015 :.
« on: July 02, 2015, 05:12:06 AM »
Good start yesterday and I'm sure things will start snowballing as we get closer to the 4th...

Keep the pics coming guys!  8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SixZeroFour

Re: .: 2015 WKC Summer eCook :: DAY TWO :: July 2nd, 2015 :.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 05:22:54 AM »
@SixZeroFour I am definitely going to be grilling up some of those apples they look great!

@Matt_T - You really should! They are sooo good  :o
http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2015/05/27/apple-bombs-caution-highly-addictive/

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 05:40:19 AM »
Breakfast - French Toast and sausage links on the griddle

French toast batter = equal parts milk and eggs a little vanilla, sugar and cinnamon

Plated  - Dad get overly done(burned ones)  cooking on the kettle temp control was an interesting challenge, I basically shut all vents down to get the griddle where I wanted it.

Syrup is from @MrHoss best stuff to come out of Ontario since Rush.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:26:40 PM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 05:40:46 AM »
Quick brisket, egg and chedder on sourdough breakfast sandwich before a 430 mile drive.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 09:45:27 AM »
Kind of a Day1/Day2 cook, but wrapped it up today, and it's the first of three I'll have in the next few days. Today's cook: Habanero BBQ Baked Beans. Of course, it's kind of a twofer as I needed to smoke a pork shoulder to get the drip action in the beans. Began with the layout:

Now for the shoulder rub: (sucks that I don't live down the street from The Spice House in Chicago anymore!)

And the magic bean dust @OoPEZoO provided:

Bacon fried up and veggies taking a hot bath in the grease:

Meanwhile, the WSM is reaching temp, so the beans go into a CIDO and take their position in the basement:

Shoulder takes the top bunk. (Don't tell the butt that it's not the star of this show!)

3 1/2 hours in, and the beans come upstairs and let the shoulder have the run of the WSM for the rest of the day:

I could make a meal of this stuff! (Oh, wait, I just did…)

Beans will be center stage again on the 4th. I have a couple other cooks to plan now. Can't wait to see what everyone else cooks up!

Marty
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:16:58 PM by MartyG »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 12:07:06 PM »
How's about some lunch

I decided to forego the griddle and went with the grill grates for a panini grilled cheese.

Ingredients: Sourdough bread, smoked turkey, salsa cheese(holy cow delish), Piri Piri sauce (another gift from @MrHoss) mixed with mayo

Going on the Mini 18 OTG

The Press

There we go

This sandwich was so amazingly delicious, Grill grates if anything else are perfect for making panini type sandwiches.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 12:36:16 PM »
MacEggs and I had a traditional family dish of mine for brunch today, bacon mushroom sandwiches:

Crisped bacon get wrapped in paper towels:

I drain some of the bacon fat out of the pans leaving some for the mushrooms to cook in. If after adding the mushrooms you notice the bottom of the pan dry add in some reserved fat:

When the mushroom have cooked through they will release water. When this happens place contents of pan in several layers of paper towels to dry the mushrooms then return to the pan to cook:

What you are looking for is to crisp up the outside of the mushrooms a bit:

Do the paper towel wrap on the mushrooms at the end too.

Toast 2 pieces of white bread, butter them and put bacon and mushrooms on with salt and pepper:

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:11:08 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 01:06:01 PM »
Looking good today! I regret making my tuna melt inside today but timing necessitated it. I've got some pork chops brining in the fridge for dinner, more on that later.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 01:14:07 PM »
I simply love seeing @LightningBoldtz cooking so bloody much. Fine looking food Jeff....those grillgrates do look handy for pannini style finish. Only one real problem with cooking so much though L.B. - I think you need another cooker or three to handle it. Seriously.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

SixZeroFour

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 02:23:13 PM »
@LightningBoldtz

Once you've got a few cooks and a good coating of grease in the kettle you should be able to dial in those temps 8) She's too clean! ;)

Love the French Toast idea - especially cooked on a red beauty AND outfitted with the slick griddle!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 03:09:21 PM »
 Pulled Beef - 7 bone Chuck Roast
Some BBQ beef for the 4th 

Olive oil and rub , let it sit for a few hours .

Carrots, onions and celery , beef broth for the Ju

Smoked with hickory for about 2 hours then placed into a foil pan for roasting
Added one pack of Lipton onion soup mix on top of the meat for more flavor .

Here it is before it hits a cooler to rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 03:28:27 PM »
Just the wife and I tonight and although no one is too hungry..still gotta cook...

Here I am getting the Performer ready

Charcoal ready, time to put the lid on and wait for her to come up to temp

Looks like she is ready

Time to put a burger for me and a small bacon wrapped chicken breast for the wife

Chicken done

Toasted bun and melted cheese on the burger

Final products

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 04:09:09 PM »
Ok here's my entry for day two. Nothing fancy but here goes..

Applewood smoked Mac N Cheese along with some country style ribs. We are still on "weeknight mode" here. The serious stuff is yet to come.

Finished pics to come

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 06:55:22 PM »
Mushroom stuffed with stems, shallots, garlic and blue cheese:

I drain off the liquid before stuffing.

Had some dough left from yesterday's cookup but did not have Mac and his Kettle Pizza attachment. I made do with L.B.'s upper rack from his kamado......using it to elevate my stone to a inch or so from the lid vent:

Matt_T

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 07:28:08 PM »
Spent more time with my family and friends tonight and less time taking pictures but managed to take two of the preparation & grill set up.

Lightly seasoned and EVOO on the bone in chicken breasts & drums - locally grown yellow squash and onion skewers on firewire - twice baked chopped potatoes. The wife made pie too but that didn't hit the grill so it's not featured. You'll have to take take my word for it but, it looked as good as it tasted.

If the rain holds out tomorrow there will be more to come. Good times

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Keep it simple stupid