Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / Re: Preferred charcoal?
« Last post by Mr.CPHo on Today at 04:39:01 AM »

Desperately in need of help and advice!  I have a Weber Master Touch which I purchased about two years ago and have it installed in a custom outdoor kitchen with a circular cutout in the granite counter.  The installation has been really nice in terms of working space, etc.  However, I have one major problem - my wife hates smoke!!  No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to either light the charcoal properly without a major amount of smoke and the same occurs when I add charcoal for longer grilling events.  I don’t know if I am the problem or if I am just not using the correct charcoal.  We live in Budapest, Hungary and until recently finding charcoal briquettes was difficult but now they are readily available.  However, quality may be my main problem.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated on what charcoal type or brand to use, charcoal starting methods, advice on adding charcoal to an existing fire, or anything that can help me in reducing the amount of smoke I seem to be creating.  The wife’s advice is to switch to gas which to me is not what BBQ’ing is all about.  HELP BEFORE SHE SMOKES ME!!!
Look into Binchotan charcoal.
« Last post by michaelmilitello on May 20, 2024, 06:01:21 PM »
Desperately in need of help and advice!  I have a Weber Master Touch which I purchased about two years ago and have it installed in a custom outdoor kitchen with a circular cutout in the granite counter.  The installation has been really nice in terms of working space, etc.  However, I have one major problem - my wife hates smoke!!  No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to either light the charcoal properly without a major amount of smoke and the same occurs when I add charcoal for longer grilling events.  I don’t know if I am the problem or if I am just not using the correct charcoal.  We live in Budapest, Hungary and until recently finding charcoal briquettes was difficult but now they are readily available.  However, quality may be my main problem.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated on what charcoal type or brand to use, charcoal starting methods, advice on adding charcoal to an existing fire, or anything that can help me in reducing the amount of smoke I seem to be creating.  The wife’s advice is to switch to gas which to me is not what BBQ’ing is all about.  HELP BEFORE SHE SMOKES ME!!!
The least Smokey charcoal in my experience is usually lump.   Fogo lump charcoal is very neutral and smokes very little.   Try it out. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s an app for that

But evidently not for this

Pictures look great! But I’m not signing anything I can’t read

🤪

I’ll let my imagination run free, although that might get me in trouble

@JEBIV    @bamakettles   @MoparProud

Might be a problem with the WKC app.  All three of you appear to be accessing the Forum via your phones using the app.   I and all the other commenting members that can see the story and photos appear to be working off PC's or Ipads.  Above my skills and pay grade.

@Administrator             

I thought maybe that as well. I kept dragging down to see if it would reload.

I just quoted his story, and I could read it that way, but still shows his second post completely blank. Very odd!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last post by MoparProud on May 20, 2024, 05:39:52 PM »

This is simple. You make yourself a tasty meal off the grill, and she can make herself some microwave dinners.

Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Re: Realization
« Last post by swamprb on May 20, 2024, 04:42:21 PM »

Let's see, by that time I had graduated from HS and was attending college.  My family had long since left the charcoal world for the convenience of propane.  Even when we were using charcoal we had nothing as sophisticated as a Weber.  Nor were our gassers ever Webers . . .

My dad stayed with grills like this (minus the roti and it's support) until the 70's.

My dad especially loved the ability to raise the grill (center support) to try and slow down the cooking and reduce flare-ups.

BD

To be honest every time I see one of these brazier grills I can taste the charcoal lighter fluid my dad doused on the briqs and how it infused the dogs and burgers!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Chicken

@GrilledMeat  - I added your photos from your original post to the above re-post.  Hopefully everyone can now see both.
« Last post by Mike911SC on May 20, 2024, 09:04:26 AM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10