Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Introduce Yourself / Re: Hey hey from Buffalo, go Bills!
« Last post by JEBIV on Today at 11:20:46 AM »
Welcome from Doraville, GA go get the red LOL
Introduce Yourself / Re: Hey hey from Buffalo, go Bills!
« Last post by bamakettles on Today at 10:46:41 AM »
Welcome from Huntsville, AL!  Go get that ‘96 kettle and fire it up…. Lots of enablers here lol….

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Introduce Yourself / Hey hey from Buffalo, go Bills!
« Last post by Mike Schneider on Today at 10:21:09 AM »
Thanks for the add. I have a SJ a JJ and a Q1200. Enjoy grilling, but want to get better. Also, there's this '96 red kettle that keeps calling me.
There is plenty discussion from this club on Charcoal. I prefer B&B orange bag (excluding Walmart). Always get B&B from Ace Hardware myself.

@Babekyu I have seen Cowboy in Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart in my area.

Thank you.  I'll check all three, as they are all pretty close by.   There's also Academy Sports nearby that supposedly has B&B, Jealous Devil and Fogo(?).
I have several vintage red 22s and a yellow that will be up for sale soon.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some really strong #'s from some of the folks here.
Just guessing, we may have hit 65- 70 cooks last year.
I say "we," because my wife does the majority of the
cooks.  I simply don't take the time.  Work or cook?
Typically, work wins that battle.
Thanks Dave... 65 - 70 is a great number.  That's close to 1.5 cooks per week if my noggin is figuring correctly.

My wife and I like to share in the grilling duties as well, although I generally drive the desire to do it.  She actually asked for vortex wings last night which surprised me a little.  I usually get an eye roll when I mention wings lol.....

Cheers
Thought provoking post!

I rotate from oldest to newest and cook on the vintage stuff about 5 times before I empty ash.  That’s usually March to October.  I go through the old stuff at least once.   Summit and SSP get winter duty.   Ranch gets used once a month.   I’d say I’m easily in the 200+ charcoal cooks a year range.   I use the lone Genesis too.  I honestly don’t like a day without outdoor cooking.  My wife runs an in home daycare so I do 90% of the cooking since her kids are usually around when I get home.   My son says Weber is my lifestyle.  lol. 

11 -22s
7- 18s
3- 26s
Seville
Sequoia
Ranch
Summit
SSP
Jumbo Joe for vacation.
22 in garage for rainy days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, 200!  I'll bet your wife struggled while you were in Cali.... I'm sure you did too....

Ok, kettle counts are another interesting topic! 

Thanks for sharing and for participating in my geeky thread.  ; )
Wing ding on the red LE.  Horrible picture, I was holding the hot as f lid.

Those look tasty.  How were they prepped?
Also, what charcoal are you using?
- I've always used Kingsford briquettes, but when I purchased my SSP, the seller threw in a partial bag of Cowboy Oak & Hickory hardwood lump charcoal, and I'm quite liking it.  I'm already looking into where I can buy the Cowboy lump charcoal locally.
Thanks!  Not much prep for these wings.  These were from Costco (more bang for our buck) and come in 6 individual packs.  We usually cook 2 packs - this is what we did last night.  Wings were thawed, dried with a paper towel, sprayed with Pam and dusted with Cosmos Q Dirty Bird seasoning.  I don't even bother flipping, get the kettle rip roaring hot - after it gets going I crack the lid to get it up to 650ish on the lid thermometer, put the wings on and close the lid without the crack vents wide open the entire cook.  Usually takes about 30 minutes to get them to 175-185F.  Last night I used B&B oak lump charcoal which works really well with just about any setup.  Jealous Devil lump works great as well.  I've used briquettes too, but I tell you what, the more I use lump the more I like the flavor profile.  We've been happy using lump for mostly all cooks this year, even low n slow on the WSM.
@babekyu I have seen Cowboy in Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart in my area.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10