Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I’ve Been Infected  (Read 400 times)

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
I’ve Been Infected
« on: June 27, 2022, 12:25:36 PM »
Well, in a short month or so of going from browsing the forum for research and ideas to joining and participating, I’ve gone from one gasser (Genesis II, e335) and one modified Jameson badged premium kettle to adding 5 more Webers to the mix! 

1) I picked up an awesome blue Crate & Barrel 2014 performer deluxe from @dwnthehatch (some awesome @zavod44 wood handles and accessories have been commissioned) ,
2) a newer edition performer premium (haven’t decided to keep, modify, or sell),
3) a newish go anywhere charcoal (technically I don’t have it yet as my brother in-law picked it up for me in Pittsburgh, but my wife is heading there in two weeks for a visit and will bring it back!) ,
4) a 26” bowl also from dwnthehatch (will need to keep an eye out for a lid when ready for that project), and
5) this little red guy I just picked up this afternoon!  It needs a little restoration, an ash catcher, and some zavod44 handles, but it’s a pretty decent condition N code.  Not bad for less than an hour round trip and $25!

I need to delete the Craigslist app, but it’s too much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
Re: I’ve Been Infected
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 12:34:46 PM »
Good job. That'll clean up niiiice!
"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 06:04:47 PM »
Wow 25 is a heck of a price for that! Nice score!!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 02:24:49 AM »
Weberitis in full swing !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
I’ve Been Infected
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 02:19:39 PM »
Nice score on that redhead!  Fun to see the Weber bug take hold lol…. If there’s a cure for it, I’m not aware.[emoji1]

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 05:17:17 PM »
The kicker is the red one is in the shed until I can clean it up, which will be after I get the other new acquisitions battle ready.  My wife and kids are already wondering why we have so many grills all of a sudden!   I’ll try to sneak the red one in at some point without raising suspicions ;)

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
I’ve Been Infected
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 07:41:48 AM »
Nice red head.   I will always support [mention]zavod44 [/mention] and his handles.   Your existing ones don’t look too bad and it is possible to restore those handles.  Don’t get rid of them!this is an example of a handle from a 1986 18 inch kettle that I refinished. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 09:17:06 AM by michaelmilitello »

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 09:35:13 AM »
Haha, I think you need a couple of yellows and a few brownies, maybe a LE red and a Simpsons......  I know a guy.....

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 03:24:05 PM »

Nice red head.   I will always support [mention]zavod44 [/mention] and his handles.   Your existing ones don’t look too bad and it is possible to restore those handles.  Don’t get rid of them!this is an example of a handle from a 1986 18 inch kettle that I refinished. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know.  I’ll see what I might be able to do with them and maybe find a third one along the way.  I know @zavod44 can always help if needed!  Looking at getting one of @Jeff ‘s twist on ash pans.  He educated me that it wouldn’t be what originally came with it, but I like the look.  Good to have a project to look forward to!

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 03:27:13 PM »

Haha, I think you need a couple of yellows and a few brownies, maybe a LE red and a Simpsons......  I know a guy.....

Yeah, he’s a good guy !  I may have to ponder a yellow…  There’s room in the shed and the wife never goes in there!

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 04:52:42 PM »

This, my friends is a smart salesman!

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2022, 04:55:22 PM »
@Chesapeake Weber if you decide to part ways with it, I have the missing half of that 26" bowl you got. You were quicker on the keyboard than I was lol