Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WEBER 2022 70th Anniversary Edition Kettles! (TEMP BACK?)  (Read 17362 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: WEBER 2022 70th Anniversary Edition Kettles! (TEMP BACK?)
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2022, 05:26:14 AM »
Let’s not forget that $400 gets you globally sourced wood grain plastic handles. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see on the TruValue link for the yellow one next to the grill picture it says "Made in USA".

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 05:52:55 AM by bamakettles »

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2022, 05:44:11 AM »
Most likely only the lid & bowl are made in the U.S.A., everything else is probably made in China.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2022, 05:56:18 AM »
Most likely only the lid & bowl are made in the U.S.A., everything else is probably made in China.

True..... Mine will get SS sweeps, SS lid handle strap and new wood handles to start.  Interested to know if the lower triangle tray just sits on a standard triangle or if it's actually the supporting piece.

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2022, 07:24:57 AM »
How the heck are you guys getting these pages to pop up?

I will DEFINITELY get yellow and probably blue as well

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2022, 07:58:46 AM »
How the heck are you guys getting these pages to pop up?

I will DEFINITELY get yellow and probably blue as well

The yellow and gray link worked on my laptop through the WKC webpage, none will open on my app devices....

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2022, 08:31:53 AM »
Oh gotcha thanks Bama. The app does seem to be rather glitchy

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2022, 09:31:14 AM »
I expected 325, but man 400 is steep. These are awesome and I love the colors. I just don’t think I can justify spending that much.

bait

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2022, 10:17:32 AM »
I think I’d be happy with $399 if it came with real wood handles, metal & rubber wheels, and stainless sweeps and grates. As it is though? Ouch.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2022, 10:37:34 AM »
I was super bummed when I saw the price.  Not sure why it is $100 more than the Canadian Colored MT's they are currently selling.  $400 is getting close to performer prices.  You can get a 10% off at Crate and Barrel for the slate and drop that performer down to $450. 

With all the upgrades some people will do like @bamakettles and sales tax, it pushes these guys up around $500.

Maybe prices will come down...

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2022, 10:49:18 AM »
I was super bummed when I saw the price.  Not sure why it is $100 more than the Canadian Colored MT's they are currently selling.  $400 is getting close to performer prices.  You can get a 10% off at Crate and Barrel for the slate and drop that performer down to $450. 

With all the upgrades some people will do like @bamakettles and sales tax, it pushes these guys up around $500.

My upgrades are mostly coming from my parts bin luckily, but I do agree - $399 is steep.  That's what I paid for my Glen Blue 26" in 2020 which I felt was totally worth it especially since I didn't have a 26" at the time.  As others have said, at this price it should have SS grates at least.  If there was no yellow offering for this I'd probably pass.  I'll probably change the wheels too, may even put a new ash pan on it in place of the ash catcher system if the ones I have fit.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2022, 12:14:44 PM »
I think Weber is getting a tad greedy.   This is basically a colored Mastertouch, which is $294 on their website.   The standard black 26 is $389.  I’ll pass.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2022, 12:15:44 PM »

My upgrades are mostly coming from my parts bin luckily, but I do agree - $399 is steep.  That's what I paid for my Glen Blue 26" in 2020 which I felt was totally worth it especially since I didn't have a 26" at the time.  As others have said, at this price it should have SS grates at least.  If there was no yellow offering for this I'd probably pass.  I'll probably change the wheels too, may even put a new ash pan on it in place of the ash catcher system if the ones I have fit.
The Glen Blue 26 was absolutely worth 400. What a beautiful grill. I’ll have to see one of these in person to see if it’s worth it.

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2022, 04:20:27 PM »
Guys. It’s coming up on two years after the Glen Blue 26” dropped and many of the other things you’ve bought previously. In that timeframe, EVERYTHING has skyrocketed in price. Used vehicles sell for new prices, wood went insane, hell Bitcoin has gone from $8,800 to $42,000.

Let’s be realistic. Your dollar doesn’t buy today what it did two years ago.

I won’t even flinch at $400 for two or three or four of these things. Yeah I’ll swap the corny plastic “wood grain” handles for the real deal, and call it a day. We will be lucky to even find these in stock and not floating on a ship in the Pacific.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2022, 05:28:41 AM »

Guys. It’s coming up on two years after the Glen Blue 26” dropped and many of the other things you’ve bought previously. In that timeframe, EVERYTHING has skyrocketed in price. Used vehicles sell for new prices, wood went insane, hell Bitcoin has gone from $8,800 to $42,000.

Let’s be realistic. Your dollar doesn’t buy today what it did two years ago.

I won’t even flinch at $400 for two or three or four of these things. Yeah I’ll swap the corny plastic “wood grain” handles for the real deal, and call it a day. We will be lucky to even find these in stock and not floating on a ship in the Pacific.

I see what you are saying with everything skyrocketing price wise but a 22” kettle costing the same as a special edition 26” kettle is a tad ridiculous even with inflation.  I’m glad that you don’t have to flinch at dropping $400 a pop for one or two or three or four of these things but not every collector is in the financial position that you are in and are flinching at even the thought of trying to pay for one.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

BigEasy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2022, 05:31:36 AM »
@MoparProud thats the truth.

Four years ago I bought a 2010 Toyota Taco for $22k this week I had a car dealer ad show up on my Instagram with a 2010 Taco for, you guessed it, $23k

The world as we knew it, or thought we knew, is spiraling out of control.