Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Almost Charcoal hoarding season  (Read 3979 times)

nitis

• WKC Brave
Almost Charcoal hoarding season
« on: April 14, 2018, 09:36:10 PM »
So what’s on your must get list this year. My stash is liking slim and I am fighting the urge to start buying just yet.

We know that kingsford twin packs will be on special a few times over the summer months but what are you targeting and what’s your tactics.

I’m waiting for Lowe’s to put Stubbs on sale personally I think last year they had it for $7.99 once or twice so coupled with a coupon I’m thinking that’ll be my main focus is getting a good supply of that.

Lowe’s does have RO on sale now for $4.99 for 15.4 pounder and using a coupon I’m down to 0.26 per pound about the same as kingsford twin pack when it’s on sale

Obviously many here were spoiled by the target closeout on Weber last year so please if you have any tips or tricks I’m all ears

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

Transit98

• WKC Brave
Re: Almost Charcoal hoarding season
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 02:51:14 AM »
I too would appreciate a heads up on a fuel deal![emoji490]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 03:21:30 AM »
Some Targets still have 6lb bags of Kingsford Long Burning briqs for $2.08.  I picked some up a few weeks ago to tide me over until Charcoal Hoarding Season.

Here's a link to brickseek to check your local inventory. 

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=009-06-0943
Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 06:05:19 AM »
Kingsford is ok...but honestly, it seems the quality has diminished a little in recent years. So much so that RO seems to be a better buy and it’s always $5-6 a bag (plus I don’t have to take up space in the garage storing it).

That said, I’m waiting for the Stubbs one day lowes sale (sometimes it’s late summer...last year it was in May) and I’ll couple it with an online coupon.

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 08:15:48 AM »
I’m stocking up on royal oak this year.  I still have quite a few blue bags left as I stocked up on Targets Weber charcoal clearance deals and have been using that.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 08:58:47 AM »
Loaded up on some ROCS.

YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 10:18:23 AM »
Will stock up on RO

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 12:51:06 PM »
@goanywherejeep where do you get that stuff

2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

ZebraZoo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 01:30:18 PM »
I’m not picky with my charcoal. I just don’t like the Kingsford Blue. I know it’s just in my head, but knowing they add actual coal to it bothers me.

I’ve had good luck getting Royal Oak cheap and that’s The Wirecutters favorite. https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-charcoal-for-grilling/

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 01:47:42 PM »
Yeah I don’t usually follow the mainstream in much of anything so charcoal is no different I can’t say I have a problem with kingsford bb but I don’t know how much I like the basic RO

Should I expect to see RO any cheaper than $4.99 a bag at Lowe’s?? 

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 01:55:13 PM »
I might be good for a weekend or two... IF I stretch it.... lol

Blue bags, 2x15lb $7.88 each got the last 4 they had
Brown bags is lump at $5ea got 4 of those also

200lbs....$56

WALLYWORLD!!!!

Vinny

[attachment deleted by admin]

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 02:20:00 PM »
Nice work.

I will likely be snagging some kbb this year now that I think about it as I am planning to acquire a la Caja China box for this years outdoor cooking apparatus adfition

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 02:48:02 PM »
Cowboy lump has disappeared from my Walmart, but I had ignored it anyway. Yesterday I bought a 20lb bag of B&B hickory lump with a lowered price there, about $12.50. I'm not a super fan of hickory but it was the most interesting deal they had.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 05:02:16 PM »
Stubbs or Weber
May The Smoke Be With You!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 05:40:03 PM »
Stubbs or Weber
+1 on this[emoji121]