Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Did I Miss it? Anyone tried the new Weber branded charcoal?  (Read 5479 times)

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
Re: Did I Miss it? Anyone tried the new Weber branded charcoal?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 06:19:36 AM »
I would say it is comparable to Stubbs in almost every way. If I remember, I will try and get a pic of the bottom of my kettle after my cook yesterday to show the ash production.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 10:01:08 AM »

Haven't tried the Weber coals... haven't seen them around here. Butt, I want one of these sumbitches... Damn!!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 11:17:57 AM »

Haven't tried the Weber coals... haven't seen them around here. Butt, I want one of these sumbitches... Damn!!!
HELL YES! What do you think your granddaughter would say if she came over and saw that monstrosity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chilebrown

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 06:58:08 AM »
I just bought a bag and was impressed. It performed very well. You can read about it and see some pictures on Mad Meat Genius .com  http://www.madmeatgenius.com/2017/02/weber-briquettes.html

TonyUK

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 12:53:53 PM »
Weber Euro-Briqs are grooved.

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2017, 12:22:11 PM »
So.......what if it IS Stubbs?  For those that have tried Stubbs, do they perform the same?  If so which is cheaper?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
-Custon SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44 and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 05:18:09 PM »
If ash production is that low. It could be a game changer to me.

Hells bells. At $1/# there better be almost no ash, and it better empty itself.  ;D
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2017, 06:54:01 PM »
Stubb's is 9.99 for 15lbs at Lowe's doesn't make me want to spend another ten dollars for five more pounds!
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2017, 06:54:56 PM »
most places around me sell the 2 pack of kingsford for 20, ranging from 2 16,18 or 20 pound bags depending where you go. i tried lump once and it was like i was cooking fireworks, havnt messed with it since

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2017, 07:37:08 PM »
most places around me sell the 2 pack of kingsford for 20, ranging from 2 16,18 or 20 pound bags depending where you go. i tried lump once and it was like i was cooking fireworks, havnt messed with it since

My issue with lump is how much falls through the charcoal grate.....lots of small pieces.  I would use it otherwise.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 01:04:37 AM »
My issue with lump is how much falls through the charcoal grate.....lots of small pieces.  I would use it otherwise.

Use a second charcoal grate on top of the first with the rods running perpendicular. Helps a lot to prevent fall-through.
Retired

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2017, 01:58:05 AM »
I don't like the inconsistent sizes of the lump pieces, the fireworks when lighting the chimney, and having to use 2 charcoal grates. Switched to briquettes.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 02:40:51 AM »
I'll put up with sparks and odd sizes once in a while to do this.  :o Don't try this with briquettes!
Retired

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2017, 03:59:05 AM »
I'll put up with sparks and odd sizes once in a while to do this.  :o Don't try this with briquettes!

+1

searching for 1 18" straight lip twist ash pan.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2017, 04:25:14 AM »
You're right. That is pretty cool. Saw Alton Brown do that.  Never tried it myself. How different is the flavor and texture?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.