Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wedgewood Blue I Love You  (Read 17993 times)

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Re: Wedgewood Blue I Love You
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2016, 08:45:51 PM »
@Filibuster there is no difference in the kettles. All are made in the USA and shipped to Europe and Canada. The Genesis Gas models are the one made in China. And as in maintaining old products, Webers' customer service is second to none as far as I can see, they have GREAT warranties and really bend over backwards to make their customers happy.
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2016, 09:26:36 PM »
@Filibuster there is no difference in the kettles. All are made in the USA and shipped to Europe and Canada. The Genesis Gas models are the one made in China. And as in maintaining old products, Webers' customer service is second to none as far as I can see, they have GREAT warranties and really bend over backwards to make their customers happy.

I agree. Comes off the same assembly line and shipped to Canada and Europe. It would cost Weber more $ to change manufacturing process to make one lesser or higher quality product. Why would they do that.

Not fond of Taco handle myself, but I could live with that. Be it for better shipping or cost saving, Weber is not going to change bolt on handles. I just wish they reshape the handles like weld on with same color as the lid. Some of you may complain about thinner metal and other things compare to old but the fact or matter is that the new are just as capable as old and with built in thermo, ash bucket ...etc, they are really nice cooker and lookers with new colors.  Any issues are all covered by Weber so what is there to complain about.   I am not complaining. I am only highlighting few things why I think Weber will not come out with new colors unless we push for some promo batches to be built for us. I would say that chances are very low that Weber will take this on but you never know.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:35:36 PM by greenweb »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2016, 09:54:04 PM »
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I work for the company that makes the steel for the kettles. Weber  is very meticulous as to the quality of steel they use for the kettles. You would be surprised how much effort we go through to give them the best quality of steel. They are one of our most critical customers.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2016, 01:48:11 PM »
Well after a call to customer service with the part numbers for the Wedgewood blue lid and bowl I was turned down and told that those can only be ordered from Europe they are not stored over here. After a phone call to European customer service I was told they do not ship to America and I would have to buy from a European retailer that would ship to America. No exceptions. I knew it would probably go this way but I had to try for myself

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2016, 01:57:12 PM »
Or.......ask a European member to purchase and ship
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2016, 04:02:44 PM »
So, it looks like the coloured Master Touch barbecues are a one off for the Canadian market for 2016 only?  For some reason I thought they'd be doing a different set of limited edition colours each year.  I didn't realize it was this year only.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2016, 04:05:51 PM »
I think that's pretty awesome @Darko. I'd like to see a how it's made someday of where you work.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2016, 12:00:27 AM »
When i talked to cs for weber canada, they said the same colours will be here for 2017..

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2016, 12:02:44 AM »
Also i talked to a company that had the blue in stock and worldwide shipping, but when i inquired about shipping to Canada,they told me they don't ship to Canada...

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2016, 01:07:15 AM »
Also i talked to a company that had the blue in stock and worldwide shipping, but when i inquired about shipping to Canada,they told me they don't ship to Canada...

Worldwide shipping anywhere except where people really really want them, despite a willingness to pay, LOL

We'll ship anywhere in the world...

eeeeexcept where you are
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2016, 01:07:56 AM »
dang @captjoe06 you always get up early.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2016, 01:14:54 AM »
dang @captjoe06 you always get up early.

been at work for an hour and a half.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2016, 01:29:25 AM »
Yep my thoughts exactly  !!!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2016, 07:10:22 AM »
I may have said this earlier, but I'd love one of these. Now as for the taco handle. Like it or not, its here to stay. Weber started doing them on the Euro Kettles as far back as 2008. Then they came to our side of the pond in 2015. Do I like them? Not particularly. But think about this, back in 1964-65 there were Weber owners that were up in arms over the change of lid handles from metal to wood. "Wood isn't going to last" or "just use an oven mitt" or something along those lines. Just like I'm sure the change from metal to plastic wheels a few years later caused another stir among owners. Picture it, it's the spring of 1977 and Joe Blow has wanted a red Weber grill for over 10 years when he first saw his neighbor's new red kettle in 1967. (thumbscrews, metal wheels etc.) He gets his finally and its got plastic wheels and he likes the kettle but he's disappointed that it isn't "built as well" as his neighbors in his mind just because of the plastic wheels. Structurally and functionally his 1977 kettle is built every bit as well as his neighbors 1967 kettle. Same could be said for a guy that has a 2016 kettle and his neighbor has a 2006 model. The point is that we have a healthy fear of change. If Weber follows their handle change pattern with their kettles (bowl handles went wood to match the lid in 1981), we should be seeing taco/heat shield bowl handles by the end of the decade or early in the 2020's.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 07:15:52 AM by Craig »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Wedgewood Blue I Love You
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2016, 07:36:27 AM »
Ok fine. Maybe we can deal with the taco handle in all its unsightly glory, but the damper position and lid hook position is taking change a little too far imo.