Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Protection  (Read 2772 times)

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Protection
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 07:44:09 AM »
I noticed charcoal dust when pouring them into the chimney starter and ash dust from quick clean inside the bowl before firing up the grill.  Should we start wearing dust mask when we start cooking?

Steel wool dust - fine enough to float in the open air - is it really steel wool particle ?

What about when polishing aluminum legs.  I am too lazy to wear dusk mask.  I wet sand or dry sand outside.

It is your call how far you want to go to protect yourself.
Charcoal or ash dust does not bother me because my tissue is not filled with dark grey or black mucus after cooking. Steel wool dust does bother me because of all the black residue that collect in my nose.  I don't know what else it could be if it's not steel wool dust floating around?  Something happens to the steel pad since there is usually nothing left of it after I'm done. Maybe I am being over paranoid but I thought I would ask to see if anybody else experienced the same.
May The Smoke Be With You!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 08:47:29 AM »
Nothing wrong with trying to protect your lungs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 09:00:40 AM »
@JDD I've notice the same thing after using steel wool.  I always think that I should be wearing a mask, but never think about it until after I'm done with my project.  It certainly can't hurt to wear one.  Might have to put one in with my cleaning supplies so I don't forget next time.

Good idea on the eye protection. I've definitely had razor blades break and shoot across the garage.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"