Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question for owners with the new Mastertouch grate system  (Read 4793 times)

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Question for owners with the new Mastertouch grate system
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 09:25:14 AM »
I have one and removed the round center grate portion the first time I used it and never put it back. I keep it in one of my performers which I now dedicate for use with only the vortex, gourmet griddle, or gourmet wok.  The center opening also works great for lighting a chimney if you have a gas assist.  The small chimney fits in the circle perfect and rests right over the flame, the large one only has a slight tilt due to the handle. 
May The Smoke Be With You!

macmanjpc

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 06:07:44 PM »
The gourmet grate is a big improvement in my opinion. The thin rods of the regular grill make it flimsy and a bitch to clean plus next to no heat retention for searing. The thicker and heavier GBS grate is vastly easier to clean and, while no contest for my cast iron grate, is better for searing. I do love craycort grills though.

Curious if anyone has tried the Wok insert for the GBS?
Weber 22" Performer Touch-N-Go, Master-Touch 22" Ivory Special Edition, Smokey Mountain Cooker 22", Genesis EP-320 Blue, Jumbo Joe, Gas-Go-Anywhere... oh... and a Traeger Texas Elite Pellet-pooper.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 11:16:18 AM »
it helps with woks though. 

it sits nicely on the triangle too.  i just wouldn't put it there hot, i think there's a coating on the triangle that i wouldn't want to sear and get on the center piece. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.