Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Today's Weber  (Read 1241 times)

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
Today's Weber
« on: September 19, 2019, 01:22:59 PM »
So the Weber bug has hit me soooo hard! For the past two weeks I don't think we've had a meal that wasn't cooked on my new/used Weber. Both my wife and son love it!

Today was a good grilling day. The slow n sear I ordered the other day came in! Going to start up the grill in a few minutes and use it straight away!

I also picked up a new (to me) twin to my black kettle. Or so I thought! It's a slightly different size! The picture with both grills has the new on on the right. Guy I picked it up from (for 10 bucks!) said he used it for a out 3 years. Do the kettle vary sizes year to year?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: Today's Weber
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 01:42:56 PM »
Looks to me like they are the same size/diameter.

Weber makes 14.5, 18.5, 22.5, 26.75 and 37.75 grills.

On the 22s, they come in 2 different heights.  The Master touch is a couple inches taller.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 02:04:20 PM »
They're both 22" kettles. But sitting here side by side, there's small differences. The new one's lid slopes in a little quicker and is slightly shorter. The kettle body also looks like it's slightly less volume. Like the bottom slopes in a little quicker as well.

It'll still work! But they're defifinitely slightly different in size / volume.

I'll get some more detailed shots in the coming days.

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 02:13:01 PM »
Man.... I don't know.... Must be just optical illusions that got bit me and my wife. Switched lids and the old lid on the new grill now looks smaller lol.

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 03:08:39 PM »
Very nice kettles. You're gonna love the SNS, mine has been in the kettle every cook. Very Heavy Duty piece to have.

But you might want to fill up the water trough and make sure it doesn't leak. Mine leaked at one of the welds, I probably should have contacted ABC but I've only used the trough once when doing ribs.

I'd lay down a layer of toilet paper, yes shit paper, and prop the trough up on it and fill it with water. Wait a hour or a few and you'll easily be able to see it there's a leak cause that shit paper will show you it has absorbed liquid.

Any plumbing work I do I always check for water leaks using a square or two of toilet paper it will not give false results.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 03:16:44 PM »
Very nice kettles. You're gonna love the SNS, mine has been in the kettle every cook. Very Heavy Duty piece to have.

But you might want to fill up the water trough and make sure it doesn't leak. Mine leaked at one of the welds, I probably should have contacted ABC but I've only used the trough once when doing ribs.

I'd lay down a layer of toilet paper, yes shit paper, and prop the trough up on it and fill it with water. Wait a hour or a few and you'll easily be able to see it there's a leak cause that shit paper will show you it has absorbed liquid.

Any plumbing work I do I always check for water leaks using a square or two of toilet paper it will not give false results.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Thanks for the tip! Good idea.

Used the sns tonight to grill up some chicken. Grill for a lot hotter than it did just banking coals. I'd guess because more of the heat stays inside the grill instead of hearing up the outside.

Getting the coals up closer to the grate was also nice. Took just a few seconds to toast up the tortillas.

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 03:05:15 PM »
Today I got two more Weber grills. My wife is finally starting to get annoyed lol.

This morning I picked up an 18" Weber Smokey Mountain for free!! It's missing a great and needs a ton of cleanup, but I'm sure not complaining.

And while I was at my sons baseball game, I got an alert from Craig's list for another Weber posted. This time for a performer in copper with gas assist, the gourmet system grate, the cast iron griddle and Weber charcoal baskets. I immediately sent an email saying I'd take it and could pick up later in the day. A time was set and I felt grate! When I got there, there was also a cover. As I finished loading everything up, the guy also gave me an unused hinged grate too!

Also this for 60 bucks. I feel very fortunate. Told him it's be getting a lot of use with our family and he smiled.

MagnoliaTom

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 03:14:46 PM »
Today I got two more Weber grills. My wife is finally starting to get annoyed lol.

This morning I picked up an 18" Weber Smokey Mountain for free!! It's missing a great and needs a ton of cleanup, but I'm sure not complaining.

And while I was at my sons baseball game, I got an alert from Craig's list for another Weber posted. This time for a performer in copper with gas assist, the gourmet system grate, the cast iron griddle and Weber charcoal baskets. I immediately sent an email saying I'd take it and could pick up later in the day. A time was set and I felt grate! When I got there, there was also a cover. As I finished loading everything up, the guy also gave me an unused hinged grate too!

Also this for 60 bucks. I feel very fortunate. Told him it's be getting a lot of use with our family and he smiled.

I’d say it was a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBH redhead 22”, Smokey joe AU, Q 100, SSP EE code, new 26”
Looking for MBH 26

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2019, 03:20:40 PM »
I agree Tom! Fantastic day!

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2019, 07:08:59 PM »
Glad the copper performer ended up in the club! I saw it listed and thought it was an amazing deal.

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

FuriousHobbit

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2019, 07:24:47 PM »
Glad the copper performer ended up in the club! I saw it listed and thought it was an amazing deal.

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Thanks! Missed out on a green one the other day. I believe it was the old crate and barrel model. Super happy with this one tho. Should have it cleaned up enough to get a cook in on it tomorrow!

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2019, 07:55:37 PM »
Nice finds!  Only a matter of time now until you are parting them out and mixing and matching parts to make customs.  ;)

Then you start going deeper and designing certain kettles for certain uses.  Before you know it you are looking for 26ers and start thinking man maybe a Ranch would be a good idea...  ;D

Then you start wondering should I get a storage shed for more?  :o
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.