Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MORE UPDATES - Wow! New flat top 26. What do I do?  (Read 14952 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Re: (PICS) Wow! New flat top 26. What do I do?
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2017, 03:40:54 PM »
Keeping in the basement with original handles until I see if Weber wants it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2017, 03:47:31 PM »
Did you try the flattop lid on the new bowl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2017, 04:01:14 PM »
No didn't get a chance to.

Craig

• WKC Mod
(PICS) Wow! New flat top 26. What do I do?
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2017, 05:37:06 PM »
I have it on good authority that Weber wanted nothing to do with my NOS blue '79 MBH 22 when its previous owner at the time contacted Weber but that was back in 2009. Maybe they'd have a different opinion today but having said that, I have ZERO intention of getting rid of my blue. It's a family heirloom now. I say cook on it and enjoy it. Or make it a display piece and it could hold spare handles, Weber memorabilia, vintage catalogs etc.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:40:21 PM by Craig »

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2017, 05:41:32 PM »
I have it on good authority that Weber wanted nothing to do with my NOS blue '79 MBH 22 when its previous owner contacted Weber but that was back in 2009. I have ZERO intention of getting rid of mine, though. It's a family heirloom now. I say cook on it and enjoy it. Or make it a display piece and it could hold spare handles, Weber memorabilia, vintage catalogs etc.
I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping it and cooking on it. But if Weber offers me something awesome, I'd consider it. If not, I'll still be very happy

order66

• WKC Brave
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2017, 07:16:10 PM »
That is something to behold...A thing of beauty. Enjoy it!!
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »
I have it on good authority that Weber wanted nothing to do with my NOS blue '79 MBH 22 when its previous owner at the time contacted Weber but that was back in 2009. Maybe they'd have a different opinion today but having said that, I have ZERO intention of getting rid of my blue. It's a family heirloom now. I say cook on it and enjoy it. Or make it a display piece and it could hold spare handles, Weber memorabilia, vintage catalogs etc.
It pretty much all depends on what they have and what they want for their collection.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2017, 03:52:40 PM »
So a lot has happened since my last post. On the advice of the WKC I contacted Weber Customer Support and they did show some interest in my grill. Initially, after sending them some pics, they offered me a Performer Deluxe. I politely thanked them but informed them that I have three. So, again on the advice of my WKC brethren, I swung for the fences. I informed the very nice lady that I had been dealing with that if they were willing to give me either a Summit Charcoal or a Ranch kettle, I would personally deliver my grill to their Paltine, IL location. I assumed I would be quickly shot down but...

I got in the car early this morning and took the 4 hour drive from Cedar Rapids and dropped it off.  My new Ranch should be delivered this week.  Here's a couple more pics from the day.

Had to have my Italian beef while I was in town. [emoji39]

So now I'll have the Ranch I've always wanted but probably never could have justified buying.

Fun part of the story.  The lady I was dealing with told me to leave the grill with the guard with this little bit of info.

"Just bring the grill and box inside, and the guard will deliver it to Jim Stephen’s office.   He is the son of our founder, George!"

So I felt that was really cool.  Apparently it's going to end up in one of the restaurants so it will be appreciated by the masses.  I will definitely miss the flat top but I think overall I did pretty well. Thanks to everyone for all the input / help.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 03:57:05 PM by mcgolden »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: MORE UPDATES - Wow! New flat top 26. What do I do?
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »
That's awesome!!!!! I would have asked them for the big redhead out front.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2017, 04:22:52 PM »
Good job and cool story @mcgolden.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
MORE UPDATES - Wow! New flat top 26. What do I do?
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2017, 04:24:02 PM »
That's awesome!!!!! I would have asked them for the big redhead out front.

I would have but I figured I'd have too hard a time finding a replacement for the missing ash sweeper. [emoji13]

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »
What is your first ranch cook gonna be?

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2017, 04:38:33 PM »
Awesome story!  How does she go offering less than $500 Performer to a Ranch that is worth $1600 can. I would double check to make sure. :)
You must be on cloud nine now.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2017, 04:40:00 PM »
What is your first ranch cook gonna be?

Honestly don't know yet although I'm turning 50 one month from today and was thinking a BBQ bash would be fun.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2017, 04:46:10 PM »
Awesome story!  How does she go offering less than $500 Performer to a Ranch that is worth $1600 can. I would double check to make sure. :)
You must be on cloud nine now.

I know. That's why I thought I'd get shot down. But she really was the sweetest lady so I have nothing but good to say. Just thrilled with the outcome. I actually got an email order confirmation during my drive home so I know it's real.