Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wedgewood Blue I Love You  (Read 17985 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Wedgewood Blue I Love You
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2016, 07:38:39 AM »
More reasons to buy and keep running the older kettles.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2016, 05:31:45 PM »
I will live with the new handle/damper locations. It isn't that bad. My new little 18 taught me to deal with it because it is the same. But it really makes you feel cheated when Weber puts that blue on the cheapo kettle and we cant have it. The Original Kettles here only in black! An 18 or 22 in Blue or a Smokey Joe. Only colors here are on the Premiums and Performers. Think I will send Weber an email. Its time for factory direct ordering. I will pay for the shipping.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2016, 10:05:51 PM »
I really would like to hear from Weber regarding their reasoning for not offering colours here in North America, or even certain accessories. I sort of understand their reasons, but really... you're making them here, couldn't you at least save a few for this north american market? Is it really that inconvenient for you? Hello Weber.... Anyone answering the phone.

Normally when products are distributed under a MAP (minimum advertised price) contract, there are very specific clauses and technicalities that prevent the manufacture from selling the product themselves. It's obviously not ALWAYS the case, but it's common. I'm not sure if weber is under this lockdown or not, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were.

Additionally.. the overhead required to set up all of the logistics and processes to handle oddball colors for a direct-to-consumer sale would be risky.
The markup on these exotic colors would need to cover all of that over-head, and I can't imagine a majority of us would REALLY open our wallet.
I mean.... how many americans paid extra to get a Canadian color? 20?

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see some more US color options... I just don't think it would happen the way we all want it to happen.

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2016, 02:17:08 AM »
So if the big box stores don't want to order and stock the colors we are stuck with whatever we legally can get. It appeared that Weber offered the Simpson Kettle direct from the add I saw recently on this forum. I know things can change. If Weber agreed to a contract like that, then everybody loses. Maybe Weber wants to concentrate on products they feel offer a larger profit margin. Shame that when the factory is set up to produce baby blue porcelain anyway, they can't make the run a little larger and let US customers have an opportunity to purchase. Probably too much trouble for Weber to sell direct. I think a US run of Wedgewood Blue and other colors could be successful. Different colors over time could inspire more collecting and some might be highly prized, like the Westerner we saw recently. Cook on whatever kettle you can finagle. Don't (need) anymore kettles anyway.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2016, 08:01:12 AM »
Just to add,

Most buyers are fine with Black and the majority of grillers want Gas grills anyways.  So, naturally Weber will concentrate on where the demand and the money is to be made.

Still, Weber did us enthusiast big favor by offering specal ed. kettles early this year.  But what happened?  Except for small no. of us, most never took the opportunity to buy.   Instead, we complain and nitpick what we dislike and yet want more new colors.  :o

These new MT kettles represent tremendous value.  I would get one now before they are all gone. IMO, these kettles will become a collectors item in near future.   There must be at least one favorite color ( spring green, ivory, smoke, and slate ) that you like to buy before asking and complaining that we do not get diff. color options here in North America.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2016, 09:47:17 AM »
Originally the Simpson's kettle's were a Sears exclusive. When they didn't sell as well as hoped, the excess inventory went back to Weber & they got rid of them through selling some & possibly even scrapping anything left.

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2016, 12:17:33 PM »
   Greenweb you are forgetting one thing, these special kettles were sold ONLY in Canada. North America constitutes Canada and America. If I have to drive from DC to Canada for a kettle I'm not enamored  about it aint happening.
   When people started to alter the target copper kettle into an OTG with the black pan and triangle that automatically made it one bad ass grill. The new copper kettle cant compare to it. My question is how hard or difficult was it for weber to get those exclusive kettles to target. Crate & Barrel, Target we do have history of exclusive BEAUTIFUL kettles being made for exclusive retailers.
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2016, 02:01:17 PM »
@Filibuster . OK, yes you do have a history of exclusive kettles. Now here's a question I would ask you. How big is the market? How many green performers did C&B order, how many copper OTS kettles did Target order? Now, were those exclusive orders paid up front? I don't know. One thing, I think you fail to realize is distribution. Weber does not want to be stuck holding inventory that no one might buy.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2016, 02:10:37 PM »
I like goldfish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Wedgewood Blue I Love You
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2016, 02:10:39 PM »
And snails...

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »
I've never had goldfish(at least not the real ones) but I love snails!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Wedgewood Blue I Love You
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2016, 02:37:13 PM »
I've never had goldfish(at least not the real ones) but I love snails!!!!
This is why you and I could hang brother! We need more dark humor in our lives.

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2016, 03:21:25 PM »
   Somebody at weber came up to make and ship wedgewood blue kettles to these countries no bigger than Alaska. And how many were shipped, 200,300. We as collectors find these rare colors and have got to go through a whole lot of hoops to get said kettle. Weber should give just us collectors a heads up and access to place our orders, thats all we want.

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2016, 03:48:17 PM »
Thing is, there may be other issues involved. Contractual obligations come to mind. There are things we do not know.