Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ‘91 Weber Pellet Grill  (Read 1387 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
‘91 Weber Pellet Grill
« on: November 15, 2022, 05:00:16 PM »
The Spider 22 has arrived and I did a test fit on this red head.  Plan is to put it on an OTP, but we’ll see.  Should be a fun experiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: ‘91 Weber Pellet Grill
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 05:51:19 PM »
I’ve yet to see a Spider mounted on a cart frame-
Do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 03:00:10 AM »
watching with curiosity
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 04:22:57 AM »
Interesting.   Is this the same company that makes the blower system that mounts where the ash bucket goes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 05:11:25 AM »
Interesting.   Is this the same company that makes the blower system that mounts where the ash bucket goes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this company also makes that system and is called the "Venom".  I've already got a charcoal blower (Thermoworks Billows/Signals) and am really not interested in that.  I am interested in trying pellets though so I thought this would be a fun way to try it while staying with a Weber grill.  There is a SmokeFire in my area for $200 but admittedly did not work without some parts so I really didn't want to go that route with something used and possibly defective.  The Spider 22 pellet adapter has been around for a couple of years and already has some updates over the original to address issues with moisture and hopper door seal.  $100 bucks off now so I'll give it a try.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 02:57:32 PM »
Also looks good on the ‘84 Brownie.  Plan is to try a small pork butt this weekend….geez this forum is quiet lately.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

rich

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 04:36:19 PM »
I think I like it better on the brownie, lil’ bit more inconspicuous.
I have to say, though, I would have jumped on that smokefire, but really don’t know about the parts.
I trust our judgement haha.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2022, 02:53:21 AM »
@bamakettles it has been quiet lately, hope the spider impresses and you get a good cook on the butt. I like it on the red, but I'm prone to like black and red.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2022, 03:11:51 AM »

I think I like it better on the brownie, lil’ bit more inconspicuous.
I have to say, though, I would have jumped on that smokefire, but really don’t know about the parts.
I trust our judgement haha.
Thanks.  I’ve seen so many SmokeFires for sale that advertise new ignition rods and parts - makes me think they may be high maintenance.  Hopefully this contraption is not.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2022, 03:13:41 AM »

@bamakettles it has been quiet lately, hope the spider impresses and you get a good cook on the butt. I like it on the red, but I'm prone to like black and red.
I think I’m partial to the red as well.  I’ve seen posts on FB that these fit perfectly on an OTP, just have to remove the spider 22 base.  May try that this weekend to see if it fits my blue OTP.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2022, 04:05:03 AM »
I get it looks good on the OTP

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2022, 02:36:41 PM »
Can't wait to hear how it cooks.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2022, 04:03:15 PM »
I’m a bit curious about it….interested in your experience.

As a heavy Smokefire user, I will say it’s 99% and requires absolutely minimal maintenance. I’ve only replaced the glow plug once in over a year, and that’s because I pushed it way too long on cleaning and caught it on fire with jerky. Used the hose to put it out after it smoldered and killed the plug. My experience, and I guarantee Smokefire produces better flavor than this will.

I’ve seen the Spider but not sure I’ve seen anyone really using it other than a vid or two on the tube

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2022, 06:37:15 PM »
I had one set in the smaller performer cart.  Used some aluminum to space the table out a few inches. 
I’ve yet to see a Spider mounted on a cart frame-
Do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Sent from my SM-F721U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2022, 06:00:26 AM »
Thanks for the comments and pics guys.  It's nice to have some conversation going on the forum again.  Wife's birthday is this weekend, hope to do the cook but it's her weekend so we'll probably go shoe shopping lol.....