Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: B Code Red 22.5” Fixes needed  (Read 177 times)

OregonKettler

• Smokey Joe
B Code Red 22.5” Fixes needed
« on: May 04, 2021, 04:07:01 PM »
Picked up a nice little CL free find today. Have A code 18” but this is the first 22” MBH I’m adding to my collection. Little rough around the edges but still very pretty.

Any resources for replacing 3 vent wheels on bowl? All are missing. Also, last picture shows the bowl is getting eaten through. Any patches I can do here?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: B Code Red 22.5” Fixes needed
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 06:13:42 PM »
Congratulations on your first 22 mbh.   You can buy replacement vents from Weber.  There’s other sites like grillparts.com, too. 

The bowl is a tricky matter.  That’s rough, unfortunately.  The larger holes might be addressed with bolts, nuts and fender washers.   I’d avoid placing coal on that side or use baskets.  A bit of JB weld on the exterior smaller holes may help.  Again avoid coals against it.  Perhaps, a black kettle donor to transplant a section of bowl as a patch?   

Cellar2full has a thread on fixing some bad damage. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Re: B Code Red 22.5” Fixes needed
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 06:26:50 PM »
I used this to plug some small holes in a beat up black kettle.  I taped the holes on the inside and applied the epoxy from the outside.  When the epoxy firmed up I pulled the tape.

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/automotive-rv-and-marine/auto-tools-and-maintenance/automotive-adhesives/8164980

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 06:28:33 PM by Foster Dahlet »
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;