Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What you doin' on the 4th?  (Read 1547 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
What you doin' on the 4th?
« on: July 02, 2018, 08:52:45 AM »
We are doing some loin back ribs. What are you all doing?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
Re: What you doin' on the 4th?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 11:18:22 AM »
Got some back ribs going on the stick burner...Cheesy taters, fried okra and some home made ice cream...There will be beer involved...

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 11:33:31 AM »
Both the wife and I are working, but I will be grilling when I get home not sure what yet
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bigmac53

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 04:09:31 PM »
I'm itching for some pork tenderloin... not sure how yet, but I definitely think I'm going to be throwing some on the kettle

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 07:50:31 AM »
Found a decent price on St. Lou cut pork & also some beef ribs (not a heckuva lot of meat as usual, but if the cost is low enough!!)
Practiced up on Sunday & think I'll do those again for the Fourth....

Beef ribs get granulated garlic, lite coating & UN-sweetened cocoa powder, heavy coating.....the dawgs were knocking me down to get at them......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 08:12:41 AM »
The 4th is supposed to be nasty rainy where I am, so I am pulling out the Loin Back Ribs I cooked on Sunday for our 4th, maybe some beans and broccolli slaw...
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 11:34:08 AM »
I found a 8.5lb packer that I am going to inject with Butchers and rub with Oakridge Secret Weapon and a light overcoat of Tatonka Dust.  Mama is making potato salad and we're grilling corn.

I'm hoping a nice cigar and a couple fingers of whiskey will make the lineup afterwards!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 11:47:41 AM »
I'm hoping a nice cigar and a couple fingers of whiskey will make the lineup afterwards! sounds good you have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs should be a good Fourth
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 12:07:01 PM »
I have never clue. We did ribs for our Father’s Day bbq and had lots of leftovers. We are a little “rib-ed out” at the moment.

I have Th and Fr off too so I was actually looking at doing some things like making Canadian bacon (found a recipe in a Weber cookbook) and maybe finally smoking some cheese. I actually want to try making some cheese too so maybe I’ll finally do that.

And fear most of the day will be spent trying to get the dogs to stop barking at all the folks lighting illegal fireworks....I have 5 dogs and they get each other going with the barking to the point that the last ones chiming in don’t even know why they are barking. They are just doing so because someone else is. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 12:18:50 PM »
I have never clue. We did ribs for our Father’s Day bbq and had lots of leftovers. We are a little “rib-ed out” at the moment.

I have Th and Fr off too so I was actually looking at doing some things like making Canadian bacon (found a recipe in a Weber cookbook) and maybe finally smoking some cheese. I actually want to try making some cheese too so maybe I’ll finally do that.

And fear most of the day will be spent trying to get the dogs to stop barking at all the folks lighting illegal fireworks....I have 5 dogs and they get each other going with the barking to the point that the last ones chiming in don’t even know why they are barking. They are just doing so because someone else is. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Lol

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Appwsmsmkr1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 02:58:06 AM »
Good morning!
Happy 4th of July! Thank you all who have served so I can have my freedom!
I have a picnic shoulder rubbed with killer hogs bbq rub (first time trying it ) on the WSM 14”. I hope it gets done at a decent time. I woke up late lol.
Enjoy your day!
Appwsmsmkr1

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 03:17:42 AM »
Doing a load of wings/drummies at a niece's place. Bringing two grills - leaving nothing to chance as she has never hosted a family party before. Made a blueberry pie yesterday. Going to be hot again - same for all of us I'm sure. Prepped the wings this morning and I'm already sweating. Could be thunderstorms later, which might be a welcome relief.
Retired

topheratl

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 08:06:37 AM »
Grilling pork roast with a grilled romaine salad

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

tmartin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2018, 11:44:01 AM »
Grilling pork roast with a grilled romaine salad

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Sister in law is doing the grilling this year but I couldn't resist cooking at least something so I have bacon wrapped jalapenos on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Homerdog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 01:37:38 PM »
@CarrieAnn I know exactly what you mean about the barking. Same thing happens on New Year's. Our little dog barks just because the big dogs bark.

As for what is grilling, I am going to be cooking up some brisket/sirloin burgers.