Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Maiden voyage on the early 70s pat number Fleetwood weathered warrior... Kettle fried chicken and wa  (Read 1911 times)

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
From the weber test kitchen...  brined overnight in a mix of buttermilk, cholula, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, chipotle powder and white vinegar.
Breaded in whole wheat flour, salt and pepper. Refrigerated for 2 hours and sprayed with butter prior to hitting the grate.
Vents wide open, vortex small side up for 50 minutes to an IT of 175°. No flip no vent rotation straight cook with a check at 25 minutes and a second at the 40 minute mark.
Served with waffles with duck stock gravy and an up egg... damn this was good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Looks great Chef [emoji122]
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
Looks amazing!  Damm now I need a Fleetwood just to do kettle fried chicken.   Everyone needs goals, right.   

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Wow!!! Love the chicken and waffles! It never occurred to me that I can make that at home now! How was the crispiness? Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Crisp was nice... I think remembering that this isn't fried chicken is key to not getting caught up on where this falls short of fried chicken for a purist. Now if I can figure out how to do the without sticking like a sonofabitch to the grate I'd be stoked.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Looks great!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Excellent job Matt!

I think I am going to try this again next week. My wife thought your egg was perfect btw! Her quote: "It looks like it came out of a kid's play kitchen."

Charcoal_Guerrilla

• WKC Brave
Stop it. You’re making me hungry. It’s coming up to dinner time down here and all I’ve got is sausages...

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Crisp was nice... I think remembering that this isn't fried chicken is key to not getting caught up on where this falls short of fried chicken for a purist. Now if I can figure out how to do the without sticking like a sonofabitch to the grate I'd be stoked.

Awesome cook on the Fleetwood, I have had some success spraying my cook grate just before placing the chicken on with grapeseed oil @inkaddictedchef1
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

WNC

• WKC Performer
Damn man, you're putting us all to shame with these incredible looking plates!

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger

No intention of shaming... I am a cook by trade, it's what I do. I only hope to inspire and share. I welcome any questions or criticism and am always available to answer questions. Happy grilling

WNC

• WKC Performer

No intention of shaming... I am a cook by trade, it's what I do. I only hope to inspire and share. I welcome any questions or criticism and am always available to answer questions. Happy grilling

No worries man, I didn't think you were really shaming us, I was just trying for a clever way to say your plates always look so amazing!

Keep it up, I always look forward to seeing what you post next

Hope I didn't offend...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
It looks like the fleetwood did a remarkable job cooking evenly.

That all looks incredible.

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger

No worries man, I didn't think you were really shaming us, I was just trying for a clever way to say your plates always look so amazing!

Keep it up, I always look forward to seeing what you post next

Hope I didn't offend...

No offense taken

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Chef.
Thank you.

You inspire me to do your cooks. I have made the Coppermist chili twice and the carnitas once. They where both great as I'm sure this will be also. Can you help me out with some rough measurements of these ingredients?  buttermilk, cholula, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, chipotle powder and white vinegar
Also I was thinking about substituting chicken tenders instead of bone in peices. Should I brine them for a shorter period of time?
Or should I gets some thighs and drums instead?
ISO Brown Go Anywhere