Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Maiden voyage on the early 70s pat number Fleetwood weathered warrior... Kettle fried chicken and wa  (Read 1905 times)

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Chef.
Thank you.

You inspire me to do your cooks. I have made the Coppermist chili twice and the carnitas once. They where both great as I'm sure this will be also. Can you help me out with some rough measurements of these ingredients?  buttermilk, cholula, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, chipotle powder and white vinegar
Also I was thinking about substituting chicken tenders instead of bone in peices. Should I brine them for a shorter period of time?
Or should I gets some thighs and drums instead?
Personally i would go with thighs and drums though you could do tenders but I'm not sure if they'd over cook before the breading got crispy.
As far as measurements I do not particularly care for buttermilk so I seasoned with the above ingredients until it was palatable to me... sorry i follow recipes 70 hours a week at work I freestyle on home cooks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
Wow.
I regret looking at this now. I because it made me hungry. I will have to leave my workshop and go get some fried chicken!
26" Orig. Premium Black, 22" Orig. black, 22" Jumbo Joe black, 14" Smokey Joe black. More to come.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer

Chef.
Thank you.

You inspire me to do your cooks. I have made the Coppermist chili twice and the carnitas once. They where both great as I'm sure this will be also. Can you help me out with some rough measurements of these ingredients?  buttermilk, cholula, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, chipotle powder and white vinegar
Also I was thinking about substituting chicken tenders instead of bone in peices. Should I brine them for a shorter period of time?
Or should I gets some thighs and drums instead?
Personally i would go with thighs and drums though you could do tenders but I'm not sure if they'd over cook before the breading got crispy.
As far as measurements I do not particularly care for buttermilk so I seasoned with the above ingredients until it was palatable to me... sorry i follow recipes 70 hours a week at work I freestyle on home cooks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

You don’t have to use buttermilk (if you don’t like it or want to go “sans dairy”).

Just brine the chicken instead. The buttermilk simply adds moisture to the chicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app