Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: pizza attachment review  (Read 5020 times)

WMT

• WKC Brave
pizza attachment review
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:38:50 PM »
I just got my new pizza oven for my weber today and thought I would share my thoughts on it. I haven't used it yet but this is my thoughts on the fit and finish of it. There was a discussion on here (I think it was here) about this oven and there were some mixed emotions because some said the design was ripped off from the kettle pizza oven and built in china. I didn't post this to cause any arguments or brand bashing, I want to give my opinion so in hopes that it will help others with their decission to purchase a pizza oven. I am not brand specific or brand loyal to any brand of merchandise on anything. I buy what I feel is going to suit me best for what I want and what I think is the best deal I can find. Out of the three pizza ovens that I know of for the weber kettle, I believe this one is going to be best for me. The pizza oven I am talking about is the onlyfire. I picked it up for $102 incl shipping. The kettle pizza was $149.
Right out of the box it felt good and solid. I liked the fact that it was constructed of one formed piece of stainless and sat on the lip of the bowl the same way the weber lid does. The fit on my master touch was an exact fit to the bowl. It fit the weber bowl better than the weber lid did. The weber lid was a bit sloppy on the ring but no more than it is on the weber itself, so I guess I can't really complain about that. It came with a pizza stone and an aluminum peel. The clips that come with it to raise the grill up so it is level with the top of the kettle rim are pretty cheezy but they will work I guess. I will be making my own that will be installed permently on the ring so to me thats not an issue. Over all I am very happy with my purchase but I guess the real test will be if it works, but I can't see why it wouldnt, These pizza ovens are not a very technical peice of equipment. I will report back when I make my first pie with it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 10:02:37 PM by WMT »

ocmulgee2053

• Happy Cooker
Re: pizza attachment review
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 12:15:49 PM »
I totally agree with you. I also have an Onlyfire pizza oven for my Weber. I got a great deal on Amazon for $89.00 and free shipping. The oven works very well and have not been disappointed at all. I think I put too much Kingsford on it because I find that it gets too hot and I have to keep the pizza moving so the bottom will burn if I don't. So far, so good. Good Luck with yours.

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 06:32:14 AM »
Good to hear. The first pie definately won't be till after Christmas as I have wrapped it and put it under the tree for the wife.

Red Blaze

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:44:39 AM »
I posted about my onlyfire 4 mo. ago and was taken to task for buying a Chinese ripoff.  The thing is I first purchased a Pizzaque.  I was very dissatisfied about the fit and overall floppiness of the unit.  When I got the Onlyfire I was impressed with both the fit and sturdiness.  I did not like the clips to elevate the grate/  I installed 4 3/16 x 1" pop rivets  and problem was solved.  I had several other issues with the Pizzaque and ended up giving it away.  I hope Onlyfire gets their Pizza attachments back into production as I truly feel it is a superior product.  It can still be improved tho'..
Burnin' Charcoal and Black Powder

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 10:13:21 AM »
I don’t see the onlyfire on amazon. Is it still there somewhere?  I have the pizzaque which is also foreign made I believe. It works quite well imo. The kettle pizza is the American made pizza accessory. A friend of mine has that one and performance wise I can tell no difference but he doesn’t have the baking steel. I have a feeling that would make all of the difference. Of course it’s another 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 05:15:17 PM »
I posted about my onlyfire 4 mo. ago and was taken to task for buying a Chinese ripoff.  The thing is I first purchased a Pizzaque.  I was very dissatisfied about the fit and overall floppiness of the unit.  When I got the Onlyfire I was impressed with both the fit and sturdiness.  I did not like the clips to elevate the grate/  I installed 4 3/16 x 1" pop rivets  and problem was solved.  I had several other issues with the Pizzaque and ended up giving it away.  I hope Onlyfire gets their Pizza attachments back into production as I truly feel it is a superior product.  It can still be improved tho'..

The review I mentioned in my first post was your review.  I agree completly with what you said in your review. I can't and won't comment on the other pizza oven kits because I haven't even seen them other than on the computer, but I agree with you that this is a well built product. How did to add the rivets to yours.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 10:16:12 PM by WMT »

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 05:15:57 PM »
I don’t see the onlyfire on amazon. Is it still there somewhere?  I have the pizzaque which is also foreign made I believe. It works quite well imo. The kettle pizza is the American made pizza accessory. A friend of mine has that one and performance wise I can tell no difference but he doesn’t have the baking steel. I have a feeling that would make all of the difference. Of course it’s another 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Yep it's still there
https://www.amazon.ca/Onlyfire-Pizza-Inches-Kettle-Grills/dp/B01H1AFD94/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1513752601&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=onlyfire+pizza+oven&psc=1
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:50:31 PM by WMT »

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 10:07:43 PM »
I think for the clip modification I will use the clips supplied but bend the peice flat that is suposed to sit on the gate support, flip them upside down and rivet/bolt them to the ring at the proper height location.

Red Blaze

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 06:29:25 PM »
So, I emailed Onlyfire this afternoon.  They replied "we will not be making the Pizza attachment for the US market any longer"   Oh well,  Leaves the market to Kettlepizza.  Too bad.  The Onlyfire fit so much better, altho still could have used some improvements....

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 01:45:44 PM »
Are they stopping production or just not supplying them to the us. Maybe that's why they are on sale on the Canadian amazon site, getting rid of stock.

Red Blaze

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 03:39:23 PM »
Isn't that interesting.  They are indeed on the Canadian site.  They won't ship to me in US.  Luckily I have mine!!!

ocmulgee2053

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »
I am sorry to hear that this fine product is not going to be available. I am glad that I  have mine. As the issue of the clips, It is a not a problem to pop rivet them or install a small stainless bolt. I have not done anything to mine and leave them on for all my cooks on my Weber. After a few cooks the clips gets sealed because of the carbon buildup from the cooks. I think I like them on for everything that I cook. A none issue with me. Merry Christmas to all and a very happy smoke year to everyone ......    SMOKE ON Y,ALL....

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 03:44:31 PM »
Just waiting for the weather to warm up so I can give this thing a try. Been craving pizza for awhile now. We have hit a cold spell through christmas with average daytime temps around -27C and the nigtht time average -32C to -34C. Suposed to warm up around the second week in january so I can't see much happening till then.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 06:32:03 PM »
Should have mine on Jan 4th. Looking forward to trying it out.

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 12:07:34 AM »
cool