Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Friday evening suds  (Read 10278 times)

robs2

• WKC Brave
Re: Friday evening suds
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2017, 08:10:34 PM »
@TheKevman how'd you like this past year's Hopslam?  I thought it was mediocre at best. That beer used to be really good but I think in this day of superior Brewing, they have been passed up. You agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

robs2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 08:15:17 PM »
If there's any of you guys that are serious about your IPAs and would like to sample some goodies from NC - one of the best craft scenes on the right coast -  let me know and I'll get some good stuff in your hands!

Nothing like a perfect brew when doing a cook on a classic kettle!

selfservebrewer

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 06:48:17 AM »
I too prefer Pig over Pliny (always have). Unfortunately we don't get Pig bottles in San Diego anymore, but Toronado has it on draft regularly.
@jason & I are both huge Ponto fans, from Pizza Port. Usually my go-to grilling can.
As I mentioned once before, I work for Rip Current Brewing in San Diego. We just tapped our Triple IPA "Caught in a Rip". It gives Pliny the Younger a run for its money, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

robs2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 09:29:31 AM »
@selfservebrewer Have you been to Regal Beagle in SD?  My company is based in SoCal and the last 3 times I've been to SD, they've had the Pig on draft.

I'd love to try your IIIPA.

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 03:11:48 PM »
We are lucky to have to good options near me.  RAR and Burley Oak both make some great NEIPA type beers from the nano sector.  We have a couple good micro breweries as well such as Union and Flying Dog.  We also have the Veil down in Richmond which is amazeballs and to the North, we have Trillium and Treehouse, plus the VT options you've already seen in this thread.  Good IPAs abound nowadays which is great.  I've been lucky enough to keep my fridge full of limited release beers this year, but I'm always looking for a sleeper shelfie beer that's underrated and easy to get.  For those options, I always like Dale's, almost anything Lagunitas or even Long Trail Green Blaze is a great sleeper beer.  Currently, Born Yesterday (Lagunitas) is the best wide distro IPA you can get your hands on in my opinion.

BTW, I've had a few Burial beers.  Good brewery.  None of those I sampled knocked me silly, but they were all solid.

Also, Russian River Blind Pig is such a rare treat.  I think that one's crazy heavy on Amarillo and has a bit of an apricot aroma.  Amazing beer.

Today I had a Lazer Snake and a Half Acre DIPA (Deep Space?).

Krager

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 01:29:40 PM »
@robs2  have you tried any of the brews from Legal Remedy (Rock Hill) yet?    I'm more of a porter/stout guy but my IPA drinking friends enjoyed the Justice Juice from them.   And their World Court Mocha Blond Stout is a must try if you haven't had it yet.

robs2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 01:39:10 PM »
Thanks @Krager. I have not but I will now!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 03:39:59 PM »
I dink A LOT of craft beer, but not a fan of hoppy stuff. I'm local to Mothers, so i drink a lot of their stuff. Sipping an Oktoberfest, as we speak. I love stouts. Especially if they sit in a barrel for a while. Can get on board with sours, trippels, quads, barley wines... For the most part keep my IBU low and my ABV up, and I'm happy. So far my favorite of all is MILF by Mothers. It's an imperial stout aged in 4 different kinds of barrels, for almost and year and then blended. Holy complex Batman. I might be up for a trade, but I have expensive taste and shipping beer is already expensive. I would also have to shop blindly for you, since i can't stand hoppy beers.
Still need a 22” yellow

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 05:05:37 PM »
I enjoy the Deep Ellum IPA. Brewed right here in Dallas.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 06:06:56 PM »

Who are the IPA guys in the club?

Schaefd2 checking in!!

Zombie is totally amaze balls. And at 3-4 days old, it Smells like your cat pissed on your best weed! It’s awesome!

Pliny the elder is fantastic as well!

Here is what I’m drinking tonight. Voodoo Brewing - Good Vibes. It is truly fantastic and I think it is pretty close to ZD!

add me on Untappd - schaefd2

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 06:09:36 PM »

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
One day I’ll have some of that heady... From the can too if I must!!

robs2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 06:15:08 PM »
Hey @schaefd2, will definitely add you on untapped. This is going to be tough, but I'm going to take a 45 day "breather".  Injured my shoulder swinging a fungo bat and suspected a cuff tear.... doc called me today and confirmed that's the case so I'm going to have to have it repaired. Will take some "high health" time to prep for surgery (no drinking) but I'll be back! 

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 06:25:10 PM »

Think you can only get heady topper on tap or in cans.  No bottles as far as I know.  I have had it in Vermont when I am there and also brought some home....it is in short supply and hard to get. It is fantastic though

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 06:28:54 PM »

Think you can only get heady topper on tap or in cans.  No bottles as far as I know.  I have had it in Vermont when I am there and also brought some home....it is in short supply and hard to get. It is fantastic though

Oh I prefer my beer in cans but the alchemist is persistent that heady should be drank from the can rather than poured into a glass. Hell, they print it on the can itself lol

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Friday evening suds
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 01:15:24 AM »
I like my local flavors. Centerpoint blood orange and sun king ipa.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:18:43 AM by HoosierKettle »