Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Friday evening suds  (Read 10301 times)

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Re: Friday evening suds
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2017, 05:47:13 PM »

@schaefd2
I just remembered another good Cbus Brewery... Seventh Son I think?  I didn't think they were nearly as good as HH overall, but they had an IPA that was money. Will have to ask my brother what it was called.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Seventh Son won best of Cbus a couple years ago. You may be thinking of their two flagship beers, Strong Ale (red tall boy can) and Humulus Nimbus Super Pale (blue tall boy). Maybe Proliferous? That’s a great one too. They have several though.

I’ve had a few from Hoof Hearted (South of Eleven and Musk of Minotaur) and I’ve been underwhelmed to be honest. However, I like very hop forward beers. And I think HH balances theirs with malt very well, which ends up disappointing me. Maybe my palate isn’t refined enough. I want to try Konkey Dong though, but mostly for their label lol I Love Donkey Kong.

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2017, 05:49:40 PM »
@robs2 Sorry I can be chatty lol what part of town if your bro located? You guys need to check out Barley Hopsters in Delaware. That’s my favorite place. They have a wall of coolers to make your own sixers, but they let you set up a tab and drink them in store and they’re only $2-4 each!! You can even bring your dog in for a drink! It’s an awesome place. Thurman’s is right next door too.

robs2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »
Proliferous is what I was thinking... that's it. I'm a huge unfiltered juice bomb fan. Hoof Hearted is to Columbus as Heist is to Charlotte. Never unhappy in either of those Tap rooms!

robs2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2017, 05:53:47 PM »
@ schaefd2 He's in Powell. He's talked about that place but I haven't been there yet. Will check it out in February.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2017, 05:56:13 PM »

@ schaefd2 He's in Powell. He's talked about that place but I haven't been there yet. Will check it out in February.

Sweet! Dela’s only 10 miles north. Let me know. I don’t need much of a reason to go to Barleys and order a Thurman burger to eat. They regularly get FFF shipments too!

robs2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2017, 05:59:22 PM »
@schaefd2 Have you been to Lizardville in Westerville?

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2017, 06:05:19 PM »

@schaefd2 Have you been to Lizardville in Westerville?
Yup! For an early dinner with my Mom. Does that count? Haha

robs2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2017, 06:16:34 PM »
That's the place that my bro says now has ZD 100% of the time.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Friday evening suds
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2017, 06:29:32 PM »

100%??????? It normally sells out in 2 hrs around here. I don’t believe it.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:32:49 PM by Schaefd2 »

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2017, 06:39:10 PM »
Oh if you like juice bombs, try a super tart Goo Goo Muck Tart from 7th son

robs2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2017, 07:10:21 PM »

Just checked with my bro and got clarification. Every Thursday, they now get a large quantity ("boxes and boxes stacked on top of each other").  Said he's been there 6-7 times on Thursdays over the last 3-4 mos and it's been like that every single time. I'm sure they sell out before the next week and maybe even after a few days, but they get a lot and if you go on a Thursday, they'll have it.

Sorry... should have clarified that before my "100% of the time" post.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2017, 04:27:39 AM »

Just checked with my bro and got clarification. Every Thursday, they now get a large quantity ("boxes and boxes stacked on top of each other").  Said he's been there 6-7 times on Thursdays over the last 3-4 mos and it's been like that every single time. I'm sure they sell out before the next week and maybe even after a few days, but they get a lot and if you go on a Thursday, they'll have it.

Sorry... should have clarified that before my "100% of the time" post.

Wow that is still incredible! And that may as well be 100% of the time around here! I’ll be keeping that in mind! Thanks!!

Talus

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2017, 02:36:51 AM »
Northwest PA beers!  Voodoo has the classic Winona's Big Brown Ale as well.  There is a place in Venango (near Meadville) Called Sprague's Farm and Brewworks.  Great beer, but as far as I know they don't bottle.  There is also North Country Brewing in Slippery Rock. They do can, but it don't like it as much as the draft.

Thanks @Talus! I know all those places [emoji23] Voodoo is by far the best IMO. I’d love to go to Spragues someday. My bro-in-laws went and loved it. North County is OK but too far from Clarion or Erie. Big Secret Pizza Party from Voodoo is very VERY good. If you’re ever in Clarion, hit up Toby Hill Bar and Grill. It’s the greatest shitty bar I’ve been to out there. I’ll be there tomorrow night actually lol gotta escape the inlaws!

Our friend's daughter worked at Toby Hill for a couple of years, but I've never been there.  We went to the Blue Canoe in Titusville last night.  Their Pensyltucky IPA is pretty good. 

If you ever want to go the the classic shitty bar near Clarion, try Cougar Bob's in Kelletville.  Great "atmosphere!"

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2017, 06:52:53 PM »

Northwest PA beers!  Voodoo has the classic Winona's Big Brown Ale as well.  There is a place in Venango (near Meadville) Called Sprague's Farm and Brewworks.  Great beer, but as far as I know they don't bottle.  There is also North Country Brewing in Slippery Rock. They do can, but it don't like it as much as the draft.

Thanks @Talus! I know all those places [emoji23] Voodoo is by far the best IMO. I’d love to go to Spragues someday. My bro-in-laws went and loved it. North County is OK but too far from Clarion or Erie. Big Secret Pizza Party from Voodoo is very VERY good. If you’re ever in Clarion, hit up Toby Hill Bar and Grill. It’s the greatest shitty bar I’ve been to out there. I’ll be there tomorrow night actually lol gotta escape the inlaws!

Our friend's daughter worked at Toby Hill for a couple of years, but I've never been there.  We went to the Blue Canoe in Titusville last night.  Their Pensyltucky IPA is pretty good. 

If you ever want to go the the classic shitty bar near Clarion, try Cougar Bob's in Kelletville.  Great "atmosphere!"

Cougar bobs is pretty far to drink then drive for me! Especially since I gotta drive on route 666!! I don’t need Satan following me home that night!

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2019, 01:59:10 PM »
This thread has been quiet too long. Focal banger. From alchemist in Vermont. One of the coolest cans evaaaaahhhhhh.  Brewer also makes heady topper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app