Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bears Game Food  (Read 2957 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Bears Game Food
« on: November 21, 2016, 07:06:16 AM »
Well all I have not had the chance to post much lately with all that has been going on but finally had some time this morning.

We had 16 people over to watch the Chicago Bears LOSS. We all hung out in the garage and used the gas grill to cook the Irish Bangers and reheat the Pork Shoulder I pulled the night before I was told by people "The only thing I look forward to this season with the Bears is FOOD!" I did a 11lb Pork Shoulder, 2Lbs of Irish Bangers, and homemade Onion Rings.

First my new and improved Garage Grilling Station

Now the Pork Shoulder Jut put on

Temp Juuuuust Right! It dropped to about 250 and sat for about 3hrs

About 6hrs

About 9hrs

11hr mark and all is well internal temp of 180 then wrap and rest before pulling apart

On Sunday morning I made the Onion Rings

Rings all plated up!

Well thou the Bears lost we still had a great time! And thanks to @ctwhyme for the Irish Bangers and manning the grill while I was doing the Onion Rings in the house
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:15:47 PM by Shoestringshop »
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Bears Game Food
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 07:14:08 AM »
Even though The Bears suck that crowd will keep getting bigger and bigger with food like that!! Way to go, and I'm sure a good time.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Bears Game Food
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:20:45 AM »
Now that's cool! Neat ventilation system there, man. Glad it all turned out great, except the final score anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 09:14:32 AM »
Ya, that vent system is pure awesomeness.   What did you use for the pork rub and how did you prepare the onion rings?

Sent from my SM-T670 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 09:50:40 AM »
Wow food and vents look fantastic. Had to look up what an Irish banger was.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 02:33:39 PM »
Food looks great and awesome looking hood setup.

Is that a Spam I see to the right of your pork shoulder picture at the 9hr mark?

searching for 2 18" straight lip twist ash pans.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 02:56:47 PM »
The Garage Grilling Station is....well......bloody awesome Dan. I am still smiling. Very good.

Food looks beauty too man.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 03:01:39 PM »
That's awesome all the way around!
How effective is that hood system, cuz it's a great idea
Pork butt looks fantastic

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 04:30:23 PM »
Even though The Bears suck that crowd will keep getting bigger and bigger with food like that!! Way to go, and I'm sure a good time.

It was a great time thanks @JDD , But If the crowd gets much bigger I'll need a bigger garage ::) not a bad idea ;D

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 04:31:51 PM »
Do I spy some spam in the 9hr pic?
Still need a 22” yellow

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 04:36:07 PM »
Now that's cool! Neat ventilation system there, man. Glad it all turned out great, except the final score anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Travis The ventilation system consists of (2) 24" Range hoods that I got for free. The ductwork I bought on Saturday and the wiring I had form when I wired my garage. My son and I built it and he said this should work much better than the last one. I had one and needed to keep part of the garage overhead door open with a fan running and the entrance door open before. Much better!!!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 04:44:34 PM »
Ya, that vent system is pure awesomeness.   What did you use for the pork rub and how did you prepare the onion rings?

Sent from my SM-T670 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

@captjoe06 The vent System is much better than my old one! For the Pork I used (John Henry's Old Stockyard Rub), and after 2hrs I sprayed with a mix of 20/80 Apple Cider Vinegar/Apple Juice ever 45min I rotated ever 2.75hrs or so. It was smoked with (Pecan Chunks and Walmart Grill Charcoal Briquettes) *They do not last long used almost the full bag :(

Onion Rings
(2)Large onions (about 12 ounces) cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds and separated into individual rings
(3/4 cup) cornstarch
(1 tsp) baking powder
(1 tsp) paprika
(1 tsp) Hot Wing Rub Seasoning. I used (John Henry’s)
(1/2) teaspoon kosher salt – Plus allot more to sprinkle on as soon as the com out of the oil
(1/4) teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
(6 Bottles (12 ounces)) beer (I Used Miller Lite), Needs To Be ICE COLD!
(3/4 Box per Large Onion) Panko Bread Crumbs. I used (Kikkoman)
(1/2 Cup) Italian Style Bread Crumbs I used (Progresso)
(3) cups vegetable oil

1.   Mix all dry ingredients except for the Panko Bread Crumbs and Italian Style Bread Crumbs into a large mixing bowl.
2.   Pour Ice Cold Beer into dry mix that has been mixed.
3.   Now Mix Panko Bread Crumbs and Italian Style Bread Crumbs into a large mixing bowl.
4.   Take Onion and Place into the batter (Use a Fork to dip it, it gets messy)
5.   Now place batter coated onion into the Panko Bread Crumbs and Italian Style Bread Crumbs.
6.   Remove and again take the Onion and Place into the batter then back into the Bread Crumbs.
7.   Place onto large cooling rack and continue until done with the onions
8.   Now get your oil started it will not take long heat until 350°F. I used a 3qt pot
9.   Cook until golden brown remove and place on another large cooling rack and salt with kosher salt
10.   Open remaining Beers and drink them. Once out Repeat!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:07:06 PM by Shoestringshop »

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 04:48:28 PM »
Wow food and vents look fantastic. Had to look up what an Irish banger was.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

@HoosierKettle Thanks! The food was great and the company was just as great! Irish bangers you really may only see around St. Patricks Day in regular grocery stores. We go the the Irish shop or a butcher shop in Villia Park, IL to pickup. But We love them! 2lbs gets a lot of sausage and 0 left :(

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 04:53:01 PM »
Food looks great and awesome looking hood setup.

Is that a Spam I see to the right of your pork shoulder picture at the 9hr mark?

searching for 2 18" straight lip twist ash pans.

@Kneab Thanks! Yes SPAM AKA "Substance Posing As Meat" I put the SPAM on using a diamond cut pattern and the same rub for the Pork. Cooked and sprayed with same as pork. Cooked for about 1.75hrs or so. LOVE IT

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 04:54:45 PM »
The Garage Grilling Station is....well......bloody awesome Dan. I am still smiling. Very good.

Food looks beauty too man.

@MrHoss Thanks buddy! Thought this group "WKC" maybe the only people that would understand the need for the "Garage Grilling Station"