Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New LIME  (Read 12489 times)

jolayiv

• WKC Brave
New LIME
« on: April 16, 2016, 07:36:38 PM »
So after posting a Red MLH grill here Red MLH Moreno Valley CA $10
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=21339 and not having any luck contacting the seller @Troy posted a link to an Lime in the same area. I sat and thought on whether I wanted to make the drive and after about 30 minutes I decided what the hell. I sent the seller an email and after a few email exchanges we set up a time to meet.
Sometime along the way the seller of the Red MLH handle finally responded back to me and we also set up a time to meet. I was thinking sweet two grills one trip, I'm becoming a pro at this!
Well after picking up the Lime the seller of the Red MLH hit me with the famous "You are not going to believe this" line and gave some story as to why she couldn't meet me. Oh well I have a kick ass grill in the truck already.
I start heading my way back home and find the lady had re-listed the red MLH along with another one. (Both are linked in the original posting for the MLH)
Here are some pics

Too many turkeys have been cooked on this thing. Looks like they might have had a nasty grease fire. That damper is going to take some work to get back in working form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:40:53 PM by jolayiv »
Jim

Troy

• Statesman
Re: New LIME
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 07:38:53 PM »
That's gorgeous.
It's a lime, not an avo. 

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jolayiv

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 07:44:07 PM »
That's gorgeous.
It's a lime, not an avo. 

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Well...looks like my newness is showing. Anyway thanks. I can't  believe I got my hands on this Lime not avocado grill.

Can anyone change the title? I can't. I guess I'm stuck being the village idiot.
Jim

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: New Avocado
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 07:47:52 PM »
That's a super great find there! Looks like it'll clean up real nice.

Also, thanks for offering up agent service on that red MLH. Hope it works out for @fedex!

jolayiv

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 08:33:45 PM »
That's a super great find there! Looks like it'll clean up real nice.

Also, thanks for offering up agent service on that red MLH. Hope it works out for @fedex!

I can't take credit for the find at all. That was all Troy. I have started cleaning it up and so far it's been a little surprising with what was underneath all the crud.
No problem at all. Anytime you see something out this way I will do what I can to talk the wife and kids into a road trip to help out. That goes for anyone.
Jim

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 09:56:09 PM »
That's a super nice lime. I can already see that it will be close to pristine if you decide to clean it up. Congrats.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 10:02:57 PM »
Congratulations on the great pickup. That is a very nice old grill.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 10:12:19 PM »
Very nice old grill.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 10:36:08 PM »
You made the right choice to take the journey and it turned out to be an adventure.   The lime is one of the better colors in that era IMHO, congrats.                               SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Hybridtwin77

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 10:44:00 PM »
Oh super awesome! I had resolved to go get it but I saw the posting deleted. I hoped you had picked it up and now I know. This is too cool!
Christopher
2016 MT

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 12:57:56 AM »
Yeah, I can't wait to see the after pictures!!!!!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 03:36:52 AM »
That is a very very nice Lime. I have one in that range of quality and there are not many like it.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 04:51:58 AM »
Not my kind of color but there is something for everyone.  You know it's going to cook great. 

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 05:12:34 AM »
Awesome score!!!  That'll clean up really nice.  Already in grate shape.  Congrats.
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 07:08:30 AM »
Nice pickup on that lime! She's a beaut!