Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: iGrill thermometers opinions????  (Read 2340 times)

Dgallag339

• Smokey Joe
iGrill thermometers opinions????
« on: May 21, 2017, 04:28:01 AM »
Anyone have any experience, opinions on the iGrill line of thermometers? I am looking for something to monitor the temperature of the cooker itself not the meat being cooked. What are you using?

clarissa

• WKC Brave
Re: iGrill thermometers opinions????
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 04:38:05 AM »
I would be interested in knowing more about that too

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 04:39:37 AM »
I have the iGrill 2 with 4x tc ports and I have used the 2 sensors that come with it to do pulled pork and it works go for me. I cover the leads with aluminum foil to make clean up easy.
I'm happy with the over all performance of the unit and the iPhone app. Quality of the meter is good and solid. App is easy to use and show just numbers or graphs, and has temp alarms and timers.
Also good for getting perfect beer can chicken that is not dried out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 04:58:48 AM »
The igrill 2 looks nice. I had a mini awhile back and would not buy another device without a display.

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 08:54:52 AM »
I'm enjoying my igrill2 so far. I picked it up last month, and bought a pair of ambient probes to go with the two food probes originally included with the unit. It works well for me so far. The range is ok at best though...it makes it to my recliner, and that's what makes me happy...especially on a cold, and rainy day. Although the base unit is not water proof, it does fit easily in to a regular plastic sandwich baggie. It also was a breeze to attach to a rotisserie spit(probe wire through the bushing).

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »
I had one before Weber took them over but I doubt anything has changed but it's is a Bluetooth connection and wouldn't reach my recliner I assume due to the walls.

One guy mentioned possibly connecting the Igrill to your phone then monitoring from your iwatch. Sounds like a lot of swag

I have the maverick knockoff  off of amazon and it works well but an extra piece to carry but it's only $30

2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

martdidit

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 10:36:10 AM »
It is a must to have!

You can consider to buy the Kettle probe as Well.
It gives a better indication of the temperature inside the Kettle instead of the one on top.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 01:54:41 PM »
I have one and the range is awful. It is always losing connection. Every time I go to use it I get so aggravated and just go back to my trusty old Maverick ET-732,

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 01:59:30 PM »
Any bluetooth device is always going to be ONLY AS GOOD AS BLUETOOTH CAN BE - and bluetooth just isn't a great long range communication channel.
It works great at an arms length, or in the same room - but cross that 15ft line of sight barrier and results will be inconsistent.

Dgallag339

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 04:48:48 PM »
I was considering it but couldn't find the ambient temp probe locally and wanted to use it Sunday. I have a thermaworks "chef alarm" with a probe for meat but was looking solely to monitor the temp inside the kettle. I wonder if I buy the right probe if I can just use my chef alarm?

Homerdog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 05:02:19 PM »
This is what I use with my Chef Alarm, but not sure you could get it by Sunday. It works grate with the Chef Alarm.
http://www.thermoworks.com/TX-1003X-AP

Dgallag339

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 02:29:54 PM »
This is what I use with my Chef Alarm, but not sure you could get it by Sunday. It works grate with the Chef Alarm.
http://www.thermoworks.com/TX-1003X-AP

I was trying to get it last Sunday and that is good to know I don't know why I didn't think about ordering a probe for my Chef alarm to monitor the cooker temp. I don't care about the wireless aspect I will order one of those probes.

HermanF

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 11:27:04 AM »
iGrill2 works perfectly!

order66

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 03:44:08 AM »
I have great luck with my iGrill2 and iGrill Mini (Single probe no display). Great range *for Bluetooth* it is nice how it automatically reconnects when you are in range. No complaints at all. If you understand its limitations, and can live with them it is a great product.  Especially given the fact that I scored mine for 50 bucks.
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |