Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 22.5" WSM x SS Performer Cart Build Log  (Read 15183 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: 22.5" WSM x SS Performer Cart Build Log
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 02:59:33 AM »
You should consider using a Hunsaker Smokers Vortex firebasket in your setup. You can cook hot n fast or low and slow. The basket for the Webers sit right on the stock charcoal grate. You can eliminate the WSM waterpan, and the One Touch vents would be a perfect fit for regulating intake.

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 04:17:07 AM »
After looking at your mod and planing to do it to my SS performer it seems like the wheels on my performer is the other way around compared to your's. Was this done on certain model year? But it kinda works for this mod since the ash can wont interfere with the axle for the wheels.

Nope......your SS Performer is assembled incorrectly.  If it works for you as is, then I wouldn't mess with it, but it isn't "correct"
-Keith

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 09:01:17 AM »
After looking at your mod and planing to do it to my SS performer it seems like the wheels on my performer is the other way around compared to your's. Was this done on certain model year? But it kinda works for this mod since the ash can wont interfere with the axle for the wheels.

Nope......your SS Performer is assembled incorrectly.  If it works for you as is, then I wouldn't mess with it, but it isn't "correct"

Good looking SS! Pez is correct though. The larger wheels opposing the handle allows you to "wheelbarrow" the cart around.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2015, 09:03:10 AM »
This is awesome. I was thinking of getting an old genesis gasser table and turn it into a WSM table but this idea seems like alot less work.

The Genesis frames are very narrow. They may fit an 18.5 inside but def not a 22.
@pbe gummi bear, how's the progress on your WSM cart going? Any picture updates?  ;D

No major updates so far. Next thing to-do is place my vents.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2015, 07:32:13 PM »

This Green SS Performer is my Donor Cart. It's in great shape but Green is not my color

Well in that case  @pbe gummi bear  are you planning on letting go of that limey in the back row ???       ;D ;D ;D      SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2015, 07:44:23 PM »
Yes. It's taking up valuable space in my garage.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2015, 07:51:29 PM »
@pbe gummi bear   Tell me more  ...  PM ???     SmokenJoe
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »

No major updates so far. Next thing to-do is place my vents.

If you are going to Stokerize it why bother putting daisy vents on it? @pbe gummi bear

I tried this with one of my early Cajun Bandit builds. I had an OTS and I put WSM daisy vents on the bowl.  They didn't conform to the OTS bowl and allowed way too much intake even closed.

Are you planning to use the LP charcoal starter as well?
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 06:09:16 PM »
Did you put the daisy vents in the same place as the wsm's? I rarely use my stoker but I would be interested in putting it on for wifi temps instead of blower control. Propane starter, yeah I'll give it a run. It would be nice to start up the fire right after reloading the charcoal. I think the fire starting at the bottom is superior to minion starting on top. Most of all I'm building this because it's fun and cool.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2015, 06:10:11 PM »
I've also thought about adding ot to my wsm bowl. Lol

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »
Did you put the daisy vents in the same place as the wsm's? I rarely use my stoker but I would be interested in putting it on for wifi temps instead of blower control. Propane starter, yeah I'll give it a run. It would be nice to start up the fire right after reloading the charcoal. I think the fire starting at the bottom is superior to minion starting on top. Most of all I'm building this because it's fun and cool.

Yes, the daisy vents were at the same spot as a WSM.

I've also thought about adding ot to my wsm bowl. Lol

WOW! You don't strike me as a Hot 'n Fast cooker!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2015, 08:52:13 PM »

Yes, the daisy vents were at the same spot as a WSM.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll pick up a contour gauge before I start drilling.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2016, 04:47:20 PM »

Looks like Weber is commercializing my idea!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2016, 07:57:59 AM »
WTF are you gonna cook on it or take pics of it??  C'mon the suspense is killing me! @pbe gummi bear

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2016, 09:03:49 AM »
WTF are you gonna cook on it or take pics of it??  C'mon the suspense is killing me! @pbe gummi bear

Yeah, too many projects, not enough time. :(