Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 22.5" WSM x SS Performer Cart Build Log  (Read 15181 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: 22.5" WSM x SS Performer Cart Build Log
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2016, 09:35:34 AM »
WTF are you gonna cook on it or take pics of it??  C'mon the suspense is killing me! @pbe gummi bear

Yeah, too many projects, not enough time. :(

I hear that!!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2017, 01:55:12 PM »
@Kneab, in case you wanted to see more of this cart mod.

So I finished the bowl for this a few months ago by adding 3 22.5" daisy wheels near the original WSM locations. I say "near" because i moved one or two off to the side to clear the Gas Assist and frame. One stupid thing I didnt consider is that some vent holes hit the grate straps, soooooo those ventholes were fun to drill and grind round.

I also replaced the solid axle with 5/16" shoulder bolts and lock nuts to secure the wheels. Removing the axle makes it a little more wobbly but I don't anticipate moving this thing much.

So far this thing shares it's lid with my 22.5" WSM. These are the remaining components I need:

22.5" WSM lid
Charcoal ring
Water bowl/heat deflector- I'll probably just pick up an SS dish/bowl/platter from the restaurant supply store.
2005+ Performer Gas Assist regulator and hose

This is my only black 22.5" so I've used it for my KP so I don't craze my colored porcelain. It looks silly but works great.

"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2017, 05:32:48 PM »
@pbe gummi bear !!! I've been waiting to see updates on this!! Love that you integrated the KP into it! Now how about some pics of it as a WSM…?
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2017, 04:02:29 AM »
Thanks for bringing this post back up gummi. I am in the process of making a cart for my Smoky Mountain. But I was struggling with how to raise the shelf where my wsm will sit. Or if I will raise it.  I never thought of moving the lower frame rails out to the uprights. It is perfect for what I want to do. I just haven't had the time to work on it this week. Hopefully I have the time to work on it this weekend.
The mock up so far.

searching for 1 18" straight lip twist ash pan.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2017, 04:36:49 AM »
@Kneab, in case you wanted to see more of this cart mod.

So I finished the bowl for this a few months ago by adding 3 22.5" daisy wheels near the original WSM locations. I say "near" because i moved one or two off to the side to clear the Gas Assist and frame. One stupid thing I didnt consider is that some vent holes hit the grate straps, soooooo those ventholes were fun to drill and grind round.

I also replaced the solid axle with 5/16" shoulder bolts and lock nuts to secure the wheels. Removing the axle makes it a little more wobbly but I don't anticipate moving this thing much.

So far this thing shares it's lid with my 22.5" WSM. These are the remaining components I need:

22.5" WSM lid
Charcoal ring
Water bowl/heat deflector- I'll probably just pick up an SS dish/bowl/platter from the restaurant supply store.
2005+ Performer Gas Assist regulator and hose

This is my only black 22.5" so I've used it for my KP so I don't craze my colored porcelain. It looks silly but works great.

DAYUM! Is that pizza kettle built for Munchkins?? How long is the charcoal bin going to last with that setup?  Do you have the 22" WSM lid and center?

I've got a Platinum frame I'm planning to drop the Chop Top Pizza Kettle into. Steel top is going to have to be ordered.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!