Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisket Question  (Read 2028 times)

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
Brisket Question
« on: December 27, 2014, 12:10:29 AM »
I ordered and picked up a full brisket with the intention of cooking it on Monday night. When I picked it up, the butcher had cut it in half to fit it in the bag the silly git.

Do I treat this as as full brisket when I cook it, or do I need to modify my cook times and temps?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
If it breathes, we can cook it!

Sramsey

• WKC Brave
Re: Brisket Question
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 06:51:36 AM »
how big are the two pieces? Small pieces you should use a lower temp, but small to you might be big to me. I'm not in TX so I don't see 15lbers here. I would wrap it too in the last hour to hold moisture in. Small pieces of meat can dry out fast, and you know it is going to shrink. Post how many pounds it is, I think you will get more feedback if we know what you are dealing with. I get 6-8 lb briskets here, but I never went to a butcher shop for a big boy.
Own: 14' Black Performer Silver , Retiring 06' Black OTG.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 08:11:25 AM »
Go with the same cooking temp you normally do. If you can, put the point in the hotter area of the cooker so they finish closer together in time....otherwise I would think the flat would be done sooner.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 02:37:16 PM »
It was a total of 5.7 kg which would make it about 12 pounds. It's basically cut in half. I was thinking of using my elevator to keep them as far from the heat as possible.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 11:06:52 AM »
@Jocool how did you go with the brisket?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 11:25:38 PM »
Went OK. Wasn't as crispy in the bark department as I would have liked, but otherwise I was very happy with it.

It may be the fact that they don't eat this sort of fare all the time, but my brothers said it was the best BBQ'd meat they had EVER had. So I'll take that as a positive. I'll put some pictures together later and whack them up.