Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Calling all Weber Q owners  (Read 34202 times)

bbquy

• WKC Brave
Re: Calling all Weber Q owners
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2015, 02:33:11 PM »
Those are kool colors! thanks for the pics

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2015, 06:10:14 PM »
Do they make the big Qs in red?

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 07:09:41 PM »
I have one the bigger Qs...it's the 2200. However the red is reserved for the Ace hardware stores. Hopefully there is one near you.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 08:29:27 AM »
Do they make the big Qs in red?

Part # 80347 is a red lid for the Q300 (2006), http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?Model=424001&Sequence=23
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2015, 05:43:02 PM »
What is everybody using to lift hot grill grates? I am looking at buying a Grill Dome GRIP-1000 Gripper, what do you all think? Here's a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Grill-Dome-GRIP-1000-Gripper/dp/B004JF60LU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428025205&sr=8-1&keywords=grill+grate+grabber

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2015, 09:54:19 AM »
For the first time I tried ribs today on the Q3200.  I used the weber trivet and a heat shield.  I had the main burner on its lowest setting, the center burner off,  and used a chunk of hickory to prop up the lid a little and was able to sustain a temp of 250.  No pics here but they looked as good as if they came off the kettle and tasted great.  This grill is really an excellent product, as I have posted before this grill could make me forget the kettle. I would only say that on the lowest setting the temp drifts up so you have to keep the lid open a half inch or so.  As for the weber trivet and heat shield, I could probably find a roasting grate in the kitchen and use aluminum foil instead and get the same results.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2015, 06:43:56 AM »
Is what you're calling the heat shield possibly a convection tray? Not sure if either that or the trivet is available in the U.S.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2015, 06:16:31 PM »
These are on Amazon, and also on the Weber site:

Weber 6564 Original Q Roast Rack for Grilling, Large
Weber 6562 Original Q Roasting Shields for Grilling

Any roasting rack and aluminum foil will work just as well, sorry if I was not clear.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2015, 07:51:00 PM »
Another Aussie invention for the Q
http://youtu.be/ImY-8oUyhPI
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2015, 05:22:36 AM »
Another Aussie invention for the Q
http://youtu.be/ImY-8oUyhPI

From what I have seen online I get the impression that Q's are huge in the land down under.  I love my Q, I would never use it to roast or bake though, I have kettles and a Kamado for that.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

jeffinsgf

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2015, 08:32:22 AM »
Jack...glad to hear your success with ribs on the Q. I am going to do my next rack on the Q, just to see how they come out.

A couple of Q stories to add to this thread.

Customer service...I called Weber to ask how to stop my porcelain from chipping on my grates. I just had a couple little chips, and wanted to know how to keep it from spreading. Three days later, I had a brand new set of grates on my front porch.

Q Roasting Shields and Q Roasting rack...The quality of materials and welding on the roasting rack makes it one of my favorite grill accessories...across all my favorite brands and grills. I don't know what is different about this stainless, but it seems like nothing sticks to it. And for the shields, I guess I am just too lazy to fiddle with making do with foil when for about a buck Weber gives me one that secures itself to the grill, drains just the way the engineers want it to and goes straight to the trash when I'm done.

Griddle...I absolutely love the griddle for my Q. I use it for breakfast. I also brown meat surfaces on it, then transfer them to the grate side. One of my favorite uses for it is to make home fries while I am cooking burgers or brats over the grate.

Pellet tube...I bought a 6 inch pellet tube to add smoke to the Q. It does a very nice job. I just light the pellets, let them get started, blow them out, then set it on the solid part of the grate at the far left. Gave me just the right amount of smoke flavor on a whole chicken.

Like others have said, the Q is a very unique gas grill that cooks much more like a charcoal grill than any other I've tried. It's versatile, well made and extremely well supported. I only wish Weber would sell all the accessories here that they export to Europe and Australia.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2015, 12:29:48 PM »
Sounds like I need to get a Q. However, I already have a Weber Spirit for those quick dinners. What makes the Q better than a Spirit or Gebesis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2015, 12:46:16 PM »
Sounds like I need to get a Q. However, I already have a Weber Spirit for those quick dinners. What makes the Q better than a Spirit or Gebesis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo the only thing the q does better than the full size gassers is the portability and compactness. I don't think you'll gain anything if you get a q to use exclusively in the yard.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

jeffinsgf

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2015, 04:48:55 PM »
My experience with other gassers is limited, but I think the Q gets hotter and gets there faster than other gas grills. I know my 3200 will get to 600+ in 6 or 7 minutes. My BIL has a late 90s Genesis, and though I have never checked...I don't think you could get it that hot, ever. I also think the round dome does something with the convection that you don't get with a square box lid. I know that when things get hot in there, the smoke shoots out both sides with velocity. I've never seen that with my BILs Genesis.