Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Fried Chicken w/ pron  (Read 7882 times)

Aawa

• WKC Brave
Re: Kettle Fried Chicken w/ pron
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 12:10:58 PM »
Gosh that looks so good. I'd love to try that but would have to find a substitute for the butter milk.

To be honest, you do not need to soak the chicken in buttermilk.  It is there to give it some added flavor down to the bone.  You could do a simple brine of brown sugar, salt, and water.  You could even just go straight from the packaging.  It will all work out.

I have read posts where guys did this and have always been intrigued.  Yours looks good and I too like the sugar/asparagus idea.  Gonna have to try both - thanks.

Kettle Fried chicken is the jam.  If you love fried chicken but don't want the added fat and calories give it a try.  The sugar on the asparagus is just for a hint of sweetness.  It is not overbearingly sweet.

That looks great. I like the idea if the asparagus with sugar.

Give it a try.  Like I said above, it is a hint of sweetness and not overbearingly sweet.  You get sweet, salty, and semi bitter all in one bite. 

* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *