Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

@GrilledMeat  - I added your photos from your original post to the above re-post.  Hopefully everyone can now see both.
Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / Re: Preferred charcoal?
« Last post by Mike911SC on Today at 09:04:26 AM »
Desperately in need of help and advice!  I have a Weber Master Touch which I purchased about two years ago and have it installed in a custom outdoor kitchen with a circular cutout in the granite counter.  The installation has been really nice in terms of working space, etc.  However, I have one major problem - my wife hates smoke!!  No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to either light the charcoal properly without a major amount of smoke and the same occurs when I add charcoal for longer grilling events.  I don’t know if I am the problem or if I am just not using the correct charcoal.  We live in Budapest, Hungary and until recently finding charcoal briquettes was difficult but now they are readily available.  However, quality may be my main problem.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated on what charcoal type or brand to use, charcoal starting methods, advice on adding charcoal to an existing fire, or anything that can help me in reducing the amount of smoke I seem to be creating.  The wife’s advice is to switch to gas which to me is not what BBQ’ing is all about.  HELP BEFORE SHE SMOKES ME!!!
So here it is a Weber Fire pit Prototype in grey porcelain enamel fitted into a chrome finished stand/holder. The bowl has a drain hole in the center. It is the same diameter as traditional fire pit but the bowl is much rounder in shape and deeper. I recently meet a guy nearby that regularly frequents local garage sales. These finds were found at a garage sale in Barrington IL they belonged to a gentleman who told the guy that he worked as the head of R&D at Weber and these prototypes where one offs that never made it to production. I was told the side tables were prototypes too and that full production of the tables were done by Barrington Hills Cabinet Co. After arriving home with his new garage sale items and a story he reached out and asked if I would have any interest in a Weber grey enamel fire pit prototype and some Weber tables. My response was absolutely! We agreed to a price and after a quick 20 minute drive I had them loaded in my truck and was on my way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Posted story with picture originally and I was unable see the word but could see pictures. Posted story a second time and still showed up blank. Let me try to post story again. Sorry everyone I am new to making posts here.

Charcoal Grilling & BBQ / Re: Smokin Cheese on the WSM
« Last post by bamakettles on Today at 07:21:16 AM »
I remember that thread! Wonderful to hear on the follow-up

Thanks!  Now I wish I would have made more.  We've still got a stash, but it's too hot here to make any more right now.
All good for me, cool finds.  Just posting what I see.

@JEBIV    @bamakettles   @MoparProud

Might be a problem with the WKC app.  All three of you appear to be accessing the Forum via your phones using the app.   I and all the other commenting members that can see the story and photos appear to be working off PC's or Ipads.  Above my skills and pay grade.

@Administrator               

Hotdogs

Wing on the 26 inch using 2 baskets in the middle with lump.  Wil sear asparagus when these are finished
Not a surprise

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10