Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Pizza’s looking good!  I’m interested to hear how you like the setup and how the porcelain survives on the back side of that yellow kettle.

Thanks @Bamakettles  pics updated above in OP.

The pizzas were home made sourdough crust so it wasn’t traditional/airy but it was very good! Daughter loves sourdough and loves giving it to her young’ins

Simple veggies and cheese, one spinach and zucchini, caramelized onion on white sauce, and final traditional margherita. The first in had a little burn when I pushed back too far for 30 seconds. I had the kettle hot hot with the front thermometer at 800. The pizzas cooked in 3 mins or less with constant turning.

You called it, back of kettle looks like it got some spotting on the porcelain and the top vent handle melted like a volcanic river!!!  No issue as I’m using that for an upcoming simple performer mod so I’ll change the vent anyway. But the heat on the back end definitely an issue as I’m sure it reaches +1k degrees.

Overall, I loved the setup. I’ve cooked about 30 pizzas over last 4 years and never had any accessories besides a pizza stone. The deluxe setup makes it ‘easy peasy’ and makes a huge difference for cheese and toppings with the cast iron deflector pushing that heat right back down so even cook where not having that the kettle lid didn’t provide that needed touch.

I look forward to using it a lot more after I take the 500+ mile trek back home next weekend!

Off Topic / Re: No Explanation Necessary... Round 2
« Last post by GrilledMeat on Today at 03:10:29 PM »
A new find!

Some Ribs

Pizza’s looking good!  I’m interested to hear how you like the setup and how the porcelain survives on the back side of that yellow kettle.

Power has been out for 18 hours from a bad storm in Cypress (Houston).  Have to cook 9 pounds of crab from the freezer.

So sorry for the damage, hopefully it’s minimal.  9 lbs of crab legs sounds like a good way to make a power outage not so bad.  Good luck with the bacon!

Weber Grill Forum (Grills, Accessories) / Re: Realization
« Last post by bamakettles on Today at 01:58:36 PM »

How things can change in a years time. Now the grand child's room? Worth the trade.
Yes, much better now, although there’s still one grill on there…. Hers!

And of course Beaux thinks it’s his room lol….

Looks like you had a couple grills tipped over. Hope you didn't have any other damage. Flooding and storm damage looks bad around Houston. How close are you?

Seems like no damage.  By chance, I drove through the worst of it.  But all is well.  Power is still out.

Off Topic / Re: No Explanation Necessary... Round 2
« Last post by Gringo on Today at 12:46:01 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10