Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Labor Day Cooking Plans  (Read 4919 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Labor Day Cooking Plans
« on: September 01, 2017, 10:14:26 AM »
What is everyone doing this weekend?  Tomorrow we are going to my buddy's house for a cookout. Spare ribs or pork tenderloin, grilled vegetables, corn on the cob and baked beans. Beers and cigars after dinner. We got to talking and he mentioned getting something smaller to take on camping trips and he really likes the midget mods he's seen. I'll be taking an 18 to gift to him on Saturday but I have to clean it up tonight. My black DA code. He will be stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:33:23 AM by kettlebb »
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Bertman

• WKC Brave
Re: Labor Day Cooking Plans
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 10:18:07 AM »
Good question...I did my first run kart weekend on my cajon bandit rotisserie. Came out amazing! Think I'll rot a couple of chickens. I put the rot on my 64 22.5. I'll send pics this time. And beer [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 10:19:36 AM »
Awesome gesture on the gift @kettlebb . Sounds like a good cook. Ribs on Saturday gotta work a half day. Smokin a butt Sunday. Mandatory OT for Monday unless I finish Saturday. You have inspired me to pick up a few cigars for Sunday!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 10:51:06 AM »
Family is fighting sickness so not sure if I will be able to. What a great friend @kettlebb

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Labor Day Cooking Plans
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 10:54:28 AM »
So my wife planned a small gathering on Sunday with her 3 siblings and their spouses.  Then one sister asks "are the kids invited?"  Well of course you can't say no to that.  So now between the siblings, spouses, their kids and their grandkids I think I'm looking at 15 to 20+.  So I'm looking at some fun stuff to make that won't break the bank.  We've done a lot of pulled pork lately so we're going to pass on that.  So here's my plan.

- Smoked pork loin on the Green Mountain Pellet grill.  I know, BOOOO...HISSSS!  But, I've got other stuff I want to play with so I can just put this on and leave it alone.
- Thinking of hanging a couple of chickens on the WSM with the hanging rack I just picked up.  FYI, looks like Weber discontinued the rack.
- Probably some wings on the Summit charcoal with the Vortex.  I haven't done wings on this yet so it seems like it would be good since I can crank the heat on it.
- Some burgers and dogs for the kids in the Performer or 18" OTG.

I guess it all depends on how many people are actually going to show up.  All I can say is they better bring beer, and plenty of it!!!

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:58:02 AM by mcgolden »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 01:05:33 PM »
Nice gesture @kettlebb . We will be keeping it all simple here. Maybe some pork steaks, dogs or burgers.

selfservebrewer

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 05:44:25 PM »
Doing some bourbon pork chops tonight.

Have to work tomorrow & doing a butt on Sunday for the family. Anyone ever used this rub? I picked it up when I was in TN.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »
Never heard of that rub, let us know. Sounding good so far fellas.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Labor Day Cooking Plans
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 07:55:22 PM »
Sounds like a good time and I'm sure your buddy will  love his new to him 18.

No solid plans here but I'm sure I'll be grilling with friends at some point over the weekend.

My closest friends and family all own a kettle and are just as passionate about BBQ and grilling as I am. I did take a slightly different path when I got my second, third, fourth......kettles. None of them have followed me down this path.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:03:53 PM by HoosierKettle »

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 04:39:15 AM »
I'm thoroughly pissed. I took Fri off, planning to extend the weekend and have a couple of nice cooks. Thurs am I wake up with what I am certain is strep throat. Go to quick care for a test and doc says Bad news, it's not strep. You probably have the virus that's going around. I ask why is that bad news and he says, if it was strep, we could do something about it. You'll just have to ride this out and it's been lasting about 10 days. My weekend has been shot to hell. I nearly passed out trying to make some soup yesterday.  So much intensive couch lolling and napping for me and no signs of smoke from my backyard. :(  I demand a refund!!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 04:43:35 AM »
That’s sucks. Hope you feel better. We have had sinus infections running through our family. All 3 of my kids are on antibiotics and I am just hoping I can avoid the worst.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

abett

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 04:59:16 AM »
Thinking of keeping it fairly simple:  skirt steak marinated in chimichurri sauce  (store bought) and some burgers and corn on the cob.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 05:03:34 AM »
@carrieann   Sorry to hear you caught the heebie jeebies. Isn't that how it always go! Take an extra day off and some sh!t comes and messes it up! Hope you get feeling better.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 05:59:18 AM »
Sorry I didn't get cooking or food pics but yesterday was a hit. We are well and had a really great time. He does like the 18 and he loves the welded on handle. His 22 is a taco kettle. He is now starting to look for a redhead with a welded handle. I might help him in that department too. Hope everyone has a great time with the rest of the weekend.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 06:07:37 AM »
Made some baby backs and taters on the 22 and an apple pie on the 18 in a cast iron skillet @ the Camper.😊

I almost forgot about the sweet corn and Red lobster garlic rolls that got cooked on the gasser.  Didn't  get pics of them, but it was delicious 😋
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 06:49:11 AM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere