Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Labor Day Cooking Plans  (Read 4921 times)

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Labor Day Cooking Plans
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2017, 03:48:54 PM »
Great color!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2017, 04:38:27 PM »
Did some burgers and corn on my RK today. Love this kettle.

In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2017, 04:48:26 PM »
My buddy is already putting the 18 to work and is really glad to have it. I'm trying to get him to join up here. He follows on Facebook but I told him this is where it's really at.

I may work a deal to get him my patent pending 22". He likes seeing my redheads work and wants one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

selfservebrewer

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2017, 04:48:37 PM »
Final PP pic! Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2017, 04:53:09 PM »
@kettlebb   Those are some great pics of that 18" in action. Got that sucker loaded down!
Keep your redhead, brother. You'll miss it too much. Let your friend have the fun in finding his!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2017, 04:58:54 PM »
I thought of that @Travis and I'm on the fence but I'm up to 6 redheads right now. I'll keep chewing on it. Haven't been able to get a family photo together but I hope to get some nice fall pics with the grills out this year.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2017, 05:36:50 PM »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2017, 05:48:43 PM »
Today was a fun day. Cleaning around the house and baby back ribs for dinner. Thought I'd run a snake. Got the membrane removed, rub on both sides and into the fridge. Swapped some legs and triangles around on some grills then got the snake setup. 2x1 using the Royal Oak Chef's Select. Lit a Weber cube at the head and threw the ball for the dog. Either my oven thermometer is way off or I had some bad charcoal or a bad setup but I couldn't get above 200. I opened all the daisy wheels and cracked the lid and realized we'd be eating at 8:30, not good. Pulled the coals out into the chimney and let it get going. Dumped into one side and let them go. They came out great and it was a great holiday weekend with friends and family.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2017, 05:52:32 PM »
Lol. Perfect pic!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2017, 06:00:37 PM »
I thought so too Travis. I had to give her a taste. She approved.

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2017, 06:09:07 PM »
No pics, but we had a pizza party Saturday. I had given a bro-in-law a KP for a housewarming, and then found a cheap OTG a couple of weeks ago. Delivered it and made pizzas with two brother-in-laws and two out of three of my wife's sisters. We played some Cards Against Humanity after the pizza...

A few burgers today rounded out the grillin weekend, along with some cleanup on my '66 redhead, followed by helping a friend set up a blog website while the wife put in a few hours at work. Good productive weekend.

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2017, 06:15:57 PM »
I did pork tenderloin/pineapple kebabs yesterday which were amazing, and ribs today which were great...but could have been a bit better...my rib game is rusty.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2017, 06:23:50 PM »
Sounds like a bunch of great cooks guys/gals!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2017, 06:45:14 PM »
our meal was:
Grilled Caesar Salad (on OKP)
Smoky Potato Salad (on OKP)
Pepper Stout Beef (on OKP)
Guinness Extra Stout
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

I am stuffed.

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2017, 07:17:00 PM »
our meal was:
Grilled Caesar Salad (on OKP)
Smoky Potato Salad (on OKP)
Pepper Stout Beef (on OKP)
Guinness Extra Stout
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

I am stuffed.

You had me at Guinness and pudding cake. What is this hot fudge pudding cake you speak of?