Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow'N'Sear Review  (Read 16422 times)

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Slow'N'Sear Review
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2016, 09:02:48 AM »
Wow that was fast! I ordered the Slow & Sear on Monday and received it today (Wednesday). Can't wait to try it.

Awesome!  Once you've tried it and love it we'd really, really, super duper appreciate an Amazon Review.  They really help.  We're literally a mom and pop so we rely on folks like you to help us get the word out.
Will do.
May The Smoke Be With You!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2016, 03:48:37 AM »
If the shape/size of the SnS potentially lends itself to using a snuffer of some kind, it would be worthwhile to have a simple plate with basic handle of some kind. Not all kettles seal well, even with good vents.

On a standard Weber flip grate, is the SnS coal area larger, smaller or about the same size? Even if the snuffer plate didn't fit 100% of the top area it should still be very effective.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2016, 04:45:09 AM »
If the shape/size of the SnS potentially lends itself to using a snuffer of some kind, it would be worthwhile to have a simple plate with basic handle of some kind. Not all kettles seal well, even with good vents.

On a standard Weber flip grate, is the SnS coal area larger, smaller or about the same size? Even if the snuffer plate didn't fit 100% of the top area it should still be very effective.

The SnS coal area is a little bit bigger than the flip grate.  We'll put the snuffer plate on our list of possible future accessories.  8)

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2016, 10:32:18 AM »
@MacEggs @MikeRocksTheRed @Nate
@ABCbarbecue

Have any of you pizza experts tried the SnS in conjunction with a Kettle Pizza setup?

It seems to me that the SnS is large enough to hold a full basket of charcoal and provides the protection for the kettle from the high heat.  In essence, I would think the SnS would be a very good fuel holder for high heat pizza cooks and would allow you to use any kettle you want for pizza.

Comments?

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2016, 10:34:04 AM »
@ABCbarbecue

Have any of you pizza experts tried the SnS in conjunction with a Kettle Pizza setup?

It seems to me that the SnS is large enough to hold a full basket of charcoal and provides the protection for the kettle from the high heat.  In essence, I would think the SnS would be a very good fuel holder for high heat pizza cooks and would allow you to use any kettle you want for pizza.

Comments?

Winz

I don't have a SNS (yet) but would love to be a beta tester for use with the kettle pizza!!!!!!  Although I don't know if the pizza stone would get hot enough with the SNS blocking some of the heat that would need to be thrown in the indirect zone for cooking a pizza.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2016, 10:37:43 AM »
@ABCbarbecue

Comments?

Winz

I don't have a SNS (yet) but would love to be a beta tester for use with the kettle pizza!!!!!!  Although I don't know if the pizza stone would get hot enough with the SNS blocking some of the heat that would need to be thrown in the indirect zone for cooking a pizza.

I think the SnS would do a great job of getting the top of the pizza cooked, and if the bottom doesn't get hot enough just throw some hot coals on the indirect side.  We've had folks make great pizza without a kettle pizza accessory.

http://www.abcbarbecue.com/#!baked-goods/c12nw

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2016, 10:58:56 AM »

I think the SnS would do a great job of getting the top of the pizza cooked, and if the bottom doesn't get hot enough just throw some hot coals on the indirect side.  We've had folks make great pizza without a kettle pizza accessory.

http://www.abcbarbecue.com/#!baked-goods/c12nw

That makes perfect sense!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2016, 02:26:44 PM »
@ABCbarbecue

Comments?

Winz

Don't have a SnS but in theory it should work great. You'd just need to put some hot coals under the pizza stone. I'll try it out if anyone wants to send one over ;)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2016, 09:15:26 PM »
The S'n'S looks like a fine product, indeed.  But, I won't require one.

I use this set-up with the KP adaptor.  Works great.
I welded these "fences" to an old, beat-up charcoal grate.

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

3sSecurity

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2016, 07:44:20 PM »
@ABCbarbecue

Comments?

Winz
Yeah,  I've done this (without a pizza stone). It works great. And really helps when you're trying to refuel the kettle pizza fast,  you don't have to worry about your wood rolling into the center under the pizza.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2016, 02:46:14 AM »
Edit:  I originally posted this in the wrong thread. 

To everyone in the WKC world we'd like to say thanks for the warm welcome these past few months.  It's not much, but we have two open box returns from Christmas that we'd like to offer you guys at a small discount.  http://slownsear.com/product/slow-n-sear-open-box-return/

Please do not share this outside the WKC.

Also, we're thrilled to see so many folks have signed up for the Slow 'N Sear giveaway.  That said, we can't help but wonder if there are folks out there that really want a Slow 'N Sear but are waiting to see if they won before they purchase.  So here's the deal, go ahead and buy the Slow 'N Sear.  If you end up being the winner, we'll extend you the option of a full refund for your purchase price AND shipping or we'll send you a second Slow 'N Sear.  8)

@MikeRocksTheRed this is the deal I mentioned earlier  ;)

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2016, 03:47:49 AM »
oops wrong thread, again, not sure why this is happening.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2016, 06:36:09 AM »
@Troy @ABCbarbecue

Has the winner of the giveaway been announced?
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2016, 06:59:50 AM »
@Troy @ABCbarbecue

Has the winner of the giveaway been announced?

Not announced yet.
Winner has been contacted. Once confirmed we'll announce.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2016, 07:40:42 AM »
Winner confirmed. Congrats @wbenton