Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow'N'Sear Review  (Read 16414 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Slow'N'Sear Review
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2016, 07:45:19 AM »
Congrats, @wbenton !
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2016, 08:13:09 AM »
Damn you @wbenton!  LOL.  Congratulations.  I was holding off on buying an one until the contest was over!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2016, 08:58:29 AM »
Damn you @wbenton!  LOL.  Congratulations.  I was holding off on buying an one until the contest was over!

You won't be disappointed. I've done 3 cooks in my 26" with it this week

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2016, 09:16:09 AM »
Congrats @wbenton!  Your Slow 'N Sear shipped today and should arrive in one to two business days.  Can't wait to see pics of your cooks!

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2016, 09:22:53 AM »
Congrats @wbenton! Wish I would have won it, but maybe next time!!

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2016, 09:41:03 AM »
That's a great prize.  Congratulations!

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2016, 10:23:50 PM »
Edit:  I originally posted this in the wrong thread. 

To everyone in the WKC world we'd like to say thanks for the warm welcome these past few months.  It's not much, but we have two open box returns from Christmas that we'd like to offer you guys at a small discount.  http://slownsear.com/product/slow-n-sear-open-box-return/

Please do not share this outside the WKC.

Also, we're thrilled to see so many folks have signed up for the Slow 'N Sear giveaway.  That said, we can't help but wonder if there are folks out there that really want a Slow 'N Sear but are waiting to see if they won before they purchase.  So here's the deal, go ahead and buy the Slow 'N Sear.  If you end up being the winner, we'll extend you the option of a full refund for your purchase price AND shipping or we'll send you a second Slow 'N Sear.  8)

@MikeRocksTheRed this is the deal I mentioned earlier  ;)

Oh well, didn't win one and didn't see the open box units in time. It's off to Amazon via the WKC review link...  ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:01:26 PM by AZRaptor »
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2016, 10:53:47 PM »

To everyone in the WKC world we'd like to say thanks for the warm welcome these past few months.  It's not much, but we have two open box returns from Christmas that we'd like to offer you guys at a small discount.  http://slownsear.com/product/slow-n-sear-open-box-return/

Also, we're thrilled to see so many folks have signed up for the Slow 'N Sear giveaway.  That said, we can't help but wonder if there are folks out there that really want a Slow 'N Sear but are waiting to see if they won before they purchase.  So here's the deal, go ahead and buy the Slow 'N Sear.  If you end up being the winner, we'll extend you the option of a full refund for your purchase price AND shipping or we'll send you a second Slow 'N Sear.  8)

Oh well, didn't win one and didn't see the open box units in time. It's off to Amazon via the WKC review link...  ;)

Thanks buddy!!!

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2016, 11:02:11 PM »

Thanks buddy!!!

You know it! Order placed, now its just the wait. :)
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

wbenton

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2016, 08:51:27 AM »
Congrats @wbenton!  Your Slow 'N Sear shipped today and should arrive in one to two business days.  Can't wait to see pics of your cooks!

Winner confirmed. Congrats @wbenton

I apologize for the late response but I was up in the mountains with no internet connections. But I am super excited about this!! I got the Slow N Sear in the mail and man that is a well-made serious piece of equipment! I was surprised how big it was and cant wait to try it out. Ill be sure to post a report on my cook.

I would also like to thank everyone here for fueling my weber kettle obsession and teaching me so much about them! I don't post much so I think it’s time I finally introduce myself. During college my parents gave me a 22 One Touch Silver for my birthday and I used and abused that thing for years cooking for all my buddies. After college, my girlfriend (now wife) would host parties at my house but I needed more grill square footage so I began to look on cragislist for another kettle. Shortly after my search began (I'm in North Florida) I came across the most incredible craigslist kettle ads I have ever seen. I don't remember exactly but there were probably 5 old kettles of various sizes and colors that someone was selling from their deceased Dad's lake house. And for cheap too! I called and of course they were already sold.

At the time, I didn't realize kettles came in other colors and I then began scouring the internet for info on old kettles. This led me to that other site (prior to the formation of WKC) and my obsession began after seeing pictures of all your amazing grills. Ever since I have been on the craigslist search for a vintage kettle. My holy grail is a red head but Ive yet to find one. Nor have I had much luck finding any with the exception of a code EZ 26” Black Flattop. Which I love because those parties my girlfriend used to throw have gotten even bigger now that she is my wife.

Cool story on this score of the 26” Flattop...I saw the ad for grill in Orlando (5 hours from me) and sent it to my wife saying if I can figure out how to get this grill I am going to get it (Well I was actually asking for permission 8)). Email seller, call buddy who lives close to grill. Seller eventually gets back to me and says has someone that wants it but if they don't, he will contact me first. Turns out my wife knew my dad was going to Orlando that week for work (But I didn’t know this bit of info). Well she coordinated with seller and my dad to get the grill and give it to me for my birthday which was a couple weeks later.

Here she is when I first got her home.

26.jpg" border="0

A pic of my now 3 black kettles in my then under construction greenhouse converted into my "Cook
Shed". Ill post pics of the finished Cook Shed when I post my Slow N Sear cook.
Cookshed.jpg" border="0

So anyway, like i said we were in the mountains this weekend with some friends. In pictures of the cabin, I saw a 22" kettle and had planned one night to cook tri tip. When I get there this is all I found >:(

Nonweber.jpg" border="0

But it actually work out great and here are pics of the cook I took for yall. I do a reverse sear with adam perry lang baste and board dressing. Ill be sure to give this a test using the Slow N Sear @ABCbarbecue and do another post with my results.

TriTipseasoned.jpg" border="0

TriTipatrest.jpg" border="0

TriTipslice.jpg" border="0

Platter.jpg" border="0

Again thank you so much WKC for fueling my weber addiction and cant wait to use the Slow N Sear!

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2016, 08:59:13 AM »

Winner confirmed. Congrats @wbenton

I apologize for the late response but I was up in the mountains with no internet connections. But I am super excited about this!! I got the Slow N Sear in the mail and man that is a well-made serious piece of equipment! I was surprised how big it was and cant wait to try it out. Ill be sure to post a report on my cook.

I would also like to thank everyone here for fueling my weber kettle obsession and teaching me so much about them! I don't post much so I think it’s time I finally introduce myself. During college my parents gave me a 22 One Touch Silver for my birthday and I used and abused that thing for years cooking for all my buddies. After college, my girlfriend (now wife) would host parties at my house but I needed more grill square footage so I began to look on cragislist for another kettle. Shortly after my search began (I'm in North Florida) I came across the most incredible craigslist kettle ads I have ever seen. I don't remember exactly but there were probably 5 old kettles of various sizes and colors that someone was selling from their deceased Dad's lake house. And for cheap too! I called and of course they were already sold.

At the time, I didn't realize kettles came in other colors and I then began scouring the internet for info on old kettles. This led me to that other site (prior to the formation of WKC) and my obsession began after seeing pictures of all your amazing grills. Ever since I have been on the craigslist search for a vintage kettle. My holy grail is a red head but Ive yet to find one. Nor have I had much luck finding any with the exception of a code EZ 26” Black Flattop. Which I love because those parties my girlfriend used to throw have gotten even bigger now that she is my wife.

Cool story on this score of the 26” Flattop...I saw the ad for grill in Orlando (5 hours from me) and sent it to my wife saying if I can figure out how to get this grill I am going to get it (Well I was actually asking for permission 8)). Email seller, call buddy who lives close to grill. Seller eventually gets back to me and says has someone that wants it but if they don't, he will contact me first. Turns out my wife knew my dad was going to Orlando that week for work (But I didn’t know this bit of info). Well she coordinated with seller and my dad to get the grill and give it to me for my birthday which was a couple weeks later.

Here she is when I first got her home.

26.jpg" border="0

A pic of my now 3 black kettles in my then under construction greenhouse converted into my "Cook
Shed". Ill post pics of the finished Cook Shed when I post my Slow N Sear cook.
Cookshed.jpg" border="0

So anyway, like i said we were in the mountains this weekend with some friends. In pictures of the cabin, I saw a 22" kettle and had planned one night to cook tri tip. When I get there this is all I found >:(

Nonweber.jpg" border="0

But it actually work out great and here are pics of the cook I took for yall. I do a reverse sear with adam perry lang baste and board dressing. Ill be sure to give this a test using the Slow N Sear @ABCbarbecue and do another post with my results.

TriTipseasoned.jpg" border="0

TriTipatrest.jpg" border="0

TriTipslice.jpg" border="0

Platter.jpg" border="0

Again thank you so much WKC for fueling my weber addiction and cant wait to use the Slow N Sear!

Great post and pics and story. Welcome.
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2016, 11:12:24 AM »
Finished or not, that Cook Shed looks awesome! Cool story about the 26 too.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2016, 03:54:14 PM »
Well Amazon had my delivery scheduled for next Tuesday but guess what showed up on the doorstep this afternoon. Great timing too because I picked up three 3lb chuck roasts today for pulled beef as well as 9 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs. Time to test this baby out this weekend.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2016, 07:44:55 PM »
Great post @wbenton!  Can't wait to see pics of your cooks!

You as well @AZRaptor.  Glad to hear you got your SnS so quickly. We almost always beat Amazon's ship estimate. They have too much fluff built into the dates they come up with. We ship next business day from Kentucky using FedEx ground which reaches most of the U.S. in three days or less.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2016, 06:18:47 AM »
I got my Slow N Sear t-shirt in the mail yesterday.  It fits great and is a good quality product.  The real deal should be arriving today!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!